• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ordering a H.I.P

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordering a H.I.P

Has anyone here had a Home Information Pack done on their home?

I need to order one. When I google it, the sheer volume of info that comes back is mind boggling. It appears that there are loads of fly by night companies that have jumped on the bandwagon, providing them at cheaper and cheaper prices.

I want to find someone reliable, but at the same time, I want to spend as little as possible on this as, let's face it, no one cares about them. It's just a formality.

Any experience or suggestions with this?

Originally posted by Gros View Post
    Find an agent that gives you them for free (or cheap) without an unreasonable tie-in period.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I need to order one. When I google it, the sheer volume of info that comes back is mind boggling. It appears that there are loads of fly by night companies that have jumped on the bandwagon, providing them at cheaper and cheaper prices.

I want to find someone reliable, but at the same time, I want to spend as little as possible on this as, let's face it, no one cares about them. It's just a formality.

Look, either it is just a formality, or it is more than that. If it is just a formality, do you care? Get the cheapest price. If it is more, then you want to find someone reliable.

It can't be both a formality and not a formality.

Comment

my grandmother ordered a new hip from the NHS.. HTH
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Bob Shawaddiwadi does them. Plenty cheapness.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            DIY. Cheaper still.

Comment

Much quickness
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I'm clearly not in with the CUK jokes...

I guess I just need to take a gamble!

Comment

Give it a few years and I'm sure the next Tory Govt will bin them...
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I'm clearly not in with the CUK jokes...

I guess I just need to take a gamble!
                    Bob Shawadiwadi's a CUK legend (and it only took him 14 posts!)
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X