• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cat-Fight!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat-Fight!

Quick scan of article in Times by Minette Marin:

"This cynical choice has left McCain’s honour in shreds"
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle4692133.ece

Seems like a hysterical and incoherent rant at the lovely Mrs. Palin. Politically MM is rightish in nature. Touch of jealousy perhaps? I notice her press photo is very over-exposed (takes a few years off)...
    Bored.

Originally posted by ace00 View Post

Seems like a hysterical and incoherent rant at the lovely Mrs. Palin. Politically MM is rightish in nature. Touch of jealousy perhaps? I notice her press photo is very over-exposed (takes a few years off)...
    The lovely Mrs. Palin?

She gives me the creeps - seriously.

The self-declared "moose-hunting pitbull with lipstick".

If the old barstard McCain pops his clogs, she could be in charge!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post

Actually I read that article on the weekend and didn't come away with that impression at all. I think her point was on the selection - not the candidate. Maybe you should read the whole thing.

If anything she admired Palin, and pinned her colours clearly to the conservative right wing mast.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Palin is an uneducated, unthoughtful conservative in the George Bush (and CUK) mould and hence unfit for the nuances and subtleties of high office in the US.
        There are many republicans who see this as a mistake.
        FWIW I think Obama is a naive and inexperienced but talks a good game.
        McCain is about to pop his clogs.
        The US voters don't have much choice, just like us. Mediocrity rules.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          The lovely Mrs. Palin?

She gives me the creeps - seriously.

The self-declared "moose-hunting pitbull with lipstick".

If the old barstard McCain pops his clogs, she could be in charge!

post of the day
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Mediocrity rules.
            If that was true you'd get elected...

McCain made a risky move but it was good one. Personally I'd vote even for AndyW if he made concrete promise to get Putin and his scumbag mates.

Comment

I think the biggest issue here is that since McCain is past 70 now, and statistically has a reasonable chance of dropping dead in the next 4 years, she will end up as President by default. In light of this is she really a good choice?
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                In light of this is she really a good choice?
                It's fine - she won't do much anyway, there will be elections pretty quickly - in USA such things are fairly well regulated. Congress and Senate have got a fair amount of power anyway so she won't be able to do anything stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  It's fine - she won't do much anyway, there will be elections pretty quickly - in USA such things are fairly well regulated. Congress and Senate have got a fair amount of power anyway so she won't be able to do anything stupid.
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Palin is an uneducated, unthoughtful conservative in the George Bush (and CUK) mould

Comment

Working...
                    X