• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

email/web hosting recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

email/web hosting recommendations

Hi y'all -

Does anyone have any recommendations for a reliable website/email hosting service? I currently have my domain mx record hosted with mailsnare, who are now worse than useless...so looking to move it somewhere and also have a website hosted (clutching at straws but having a myco website may give a little more IR35 defense).

Cheerlsy much
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    Hi y'all -

Does anyone have any recommendations for a reliable website/email hosting service? I currently have my domain mx record hosted with mailsnare, who are now worse than useless...so looking to move it somewhere and also have a website hosted (clutching at straws but having a myco website may give a little more IR35 defense).

Cheerlsy much
    I've used Easily for several years, and found them very reliable. Their tech support people are also very responsive - I've received email responses within minutes on a Sunday afternoon, and I was just asking a general question about some aspect of their virtual server configuration

They've got basic hosting upwards, and email isn't tied to web hosting - you can have either or both. In my case I have one domain name for which I pay for email hosting as well as a web server, and email to all my other domain names is automatically forwarded to that account by default, at no additional cost. Some of my domain names have no web hosting associated with them, and Easily's DNS setup allows me to point them either to one of the other virtual web servers I have with them, or to an external web server - again, at no additional cost.

I don't know how good the basic hosting packages are - all mine are the enhanced virtual server, as I need to actually do stuff (PHP, mySQL, .htaccess and so forth) on the server rather than just host content. If the service on the basic hosting is as good as on the enhanced hosting, it'll be good enough.

They also offer virtual ASP.NET servers, but I can't comment on that other than to say that MS licensing fees make them a fair bit more expensive than the Linux servers I use.

Comment

I use Zen. Not cheap but reliable.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I use 4UHosting. No problems to report.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I've used Blackfoot for years, never had downtime and fast response.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Another vote for Easily Linux hosting here.
            Used to use Dataflame but their support has gone down the pan. I prefer to speak to someone over the phone who knows what they're doing, not online-chat with numpties.

Oh - wait...

Comment

Magic stuff - thanks guys. That's very useful!
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

www.1and1.co.uk

got a few sites and email accounts with them now, never had a prob
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                  Does anyone have any recommendations for a reliable website/email hosting service?
                  OC Host Review is worth a look. I use Register1, and I know plenty of people who use Tsohost and Vidahost and rate them highly.
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                  X