• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tennis elbow anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tennis elbow anyone?

Just got it for over working my right arm (oo-er)

Anyone had it, got any tips for a fast cure?

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post

Stretching is the only cure I have found. No fast fix AFAIK.

Comment

I've seen some people wearing supports below/around the elbow, they are supposed to prevent it occurring but that a bit too late now

Ibuprofen for now should ease the pain
      Last edited by FiveTimes; 9 September 2008, 08:09.

Comment

You want codeine for reducing the pain, and ibuprofen for reducing the swelling.

Comes in a handy tablet called Nurofen Plus.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

99, change hands.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            It also reduces the inflammation...
            good for the economy then
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The elbow supports are good if you need to continue playing and you can play through the pain, however, resting the elbow is the only way to cure it.

Comment

I got it more from weight lifting/training rather than the tennis... but I don't really want to rest it for very long.

How long have you had to rest it to get back close to 100%?

Comment

I got it more from weight lifting/training rather than the tennis... but I don't really want to rest it for very long.

How long have you had to rest it to get back close to 100%?
                  Is there a doctor in the house? A priceless cuk diagnosis is imminent I am sure.

FWIW I rested mine for 1.5 months before it got better. Daily stretching definitely helped in that time.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    Is there a doctor in the house? A priceless cuk diagnosis is imminent I am sure.

Not yet, but sasguru is on his way.

Comment

Working...
                    X