• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stagecoach bus bowling. Strike!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stagecoach bus bowling. Strike!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7598674.stm

Surely an honourable mention for this 14 year old - he got away with a broken shoulder and nose.

If ever there was an arguement in favour of speeding this is it. Had the bus been travelling at 50 he's have been killed outright and our gene pool would have been spared from his corruption.

Harsh but fair.

I'd say the bug was a tad on the cycling lane - the boy is sure lucky to be alive and he should not have done what he did though.

On that street 50 miles for a bus would be clearly excessive - not sure how that guy survived, the video seems to show he was hit on the head, even 30 miles would do. Perhaps he was thick?

Comment

If the bus was doing 50, it would have been long gone before the stupid little twerp jumped the safety fence...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

That bus was very close the the kerb and over the ridiculous painted on cycle lane. Stupid road planning as usual.

Comment

Cycle lane seems to have been painted on top of normal lane so that the lane became too narrow.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Cycle lane seems to have been painted on top of normal lane so that the lane became too narrow.
            there are clearly a couple of feet to the buses right. Most drivers seem to find it impossible to stay out of cycle lanes on the side of roads. I don't think they contribute much to road safety, you'd be better off without them and have the cars give you a nice wide berth.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              That bus was very close the the kerb and over the ridiculous painted on cycle lane. Stupid road planning as usual.
              They tried painting cycle lanes in Paris. Result as expected. Then they put dividing kerbs along the edge of the cycle lanes. Better.

Comment

I'm sure if there a bike in the cycle lane drivers would keep out of it for the duration
                Kids vaulting over a barrier into your path - er no.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  I'm sure if there a bike in the cycle lane drivers would keep out of it for the duration
                  Kids vaulting over a barrier into your path - er no.
                  Indeed, I was responding to Dude69's comment "Most drivers seem to find it impossible to stay out of cycle lanes on the side of roads". A large kerb helps drivers to keep it in mind. Focuses motorcyclists' minds too.

Comment

The bus was speeding. The white lines in a 30mph limit are 4 metres long with a two metre gap. It takes the bus less than a second to travell 16 metres making the speed around 70 KMPH. The driver is a twat
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X