• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A step in the right direction but is this xenonphobic policy worth the paper that its

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A step in the right direction but is this xenonphobic policy worth the paper that its

A step in the right direction but is this xenonphobic policy worth the paper that its written on.

Ok I think there was a thread related to this topic somewhere else but I think its a case of too little too late, here is the tread anyways

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7605455.stm and it doesn't reduce existing outside of EU staff only those coming in and I think the criteria seems a bit wooly for selecting them or rejecting them.

what do u think ?

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    A step in the right direction but is this xenonphobic policy worth the paper that its written on.

Ok I think there was a thread related to this topic somewhere else but I think its a case of too little too late, here is the tread anyways

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7605455.stm and it doesn't reduce existing outside of EU staff only those coming in and I think the criteria seems a bit wooly for selecting them or rejecting them.

what do u think ?

Rearranging the chairs on the deck of the Titanic.

Comment

what do u think ?
      Is there a policy to dislike rare gases?
      I'm a xenonphile, personally.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Took me while, but

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I'm a xenonphile, personally.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

what do u think ?

It seems to say no more foreign IT workers.

Which has got to be good for rates.

Comment

No more Aussie IT immigrants - worry is they'll reciprocate and you'll all be stuck heer with no exit plan ;-)
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                No more Aussie IT immigrants - worry is they'll reciprocate and you'll all be stuck heer with no exit plan ;-)
                They come on a working "holiday" visa, flout the rules and no one cares and no action is ever taken.

What makes you think this new plan will be enforced in any way?

Labour want as many unskilled, uneducated people in the country as possible. They make the best Labour voters.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  Don't they come in under a different scheme?

Convicts for beer or some such?

Comment

Originally posted by dude69 View Post
                    Don't they come in under a different scheme?

Convicts for beer or some such?
                    the convict exchange program, just no-one told the airports
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X