• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2U Compaq DL380 G3 server up for sale

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2U Compaq DL380 G3 server up for sale

Going to flog it on Ebay, but if anyone wants it here then I can give you preference.

Server is old in terms of purchase (2.5 years ago), but it was used only for a few days, it is for all intents and purposes as new.

2.8Ghz single Xeon CPU with hyperthreading (you can add another one), 1.5 GB ECC RAM (more can be put in). Will make great server -- I was going to use it for my hosting, but due to SKA I got shifted priorities and prefer to get 2 Desktops rather than single 2U server.

Its a sweet server and my heart is breaking at deciding to sell it -- was contemplating for a year, but now decided to bite the bullet and get rid of otherwise perfect server (just not suitable for me).

Details:
    http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/s...ations-g3.html

how much?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod
      how much?
      I am researching currently to set the price, but just for the info brand new it cost £2.500, and it is really good 2U server, my heart bleeds at the thought of having to sell it. If you have an offer in mind then feel free to make it -- I will either laugh it off, accept it or we can huggle.

Before you make an offer consider that I am Russian and my behavior may differ from civilized rational world. Here is one example that I used to explain my attitude to my English friend:

A theoretical discussion took place as to what one would do in case of having to leave the country quick and having to sell car like quick. The monetary offer is clearly going to be low, say like £500 for PUG 307 that I bought for £12,000. If that was the case then most people would whine but sell, but personally I would burn the fking car in front of the guy who offered misely amount.

Naturally I am not desperate -- if price is too low I'd rather keep server
      Last edited by AtW; 28 August 2005, 18:28.

Comment

I offer you 5p and a box of matches.

Comment

A theoretical discussion took place as to what one would do in case of having to leave the country quick and having to sell car like quick. The monetary offer is clearly going to be low, say like £500 for PUG 307 that I bought for £12,000. If that was the case then most people would whine but sell, but personally I would burn the fking car in front of the guy who offered misely amount.
          before torturing and murdering his whole family in front of him - In true Russian Mafiosa style...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
            before torturing and murdering his whole family in front of him - In true Russian Mafiosa style...
            And then murdering your own, in true Keyser Susi style.

Comment

£2.500
              I am interested. If I send you a fiver, then can I have two?

Thanks!

Rebecca in "buying stuff I don't need nor want but so cheap I can't just ignore it!" typical mode
              Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Rebecca love, a server is not a handbag or pair of shoes, it's for blokes to get all excited about. Now back in the kitchen and make us a lovely cup of tea

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                  I am interested. If I send you a fiver, then can I have two?
                  You will need to go out with me to prove that server will be in good hands

Comment

you go Alexey !

by the way you do know that Beccy is a boy !

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X