• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are we all fooked?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we all fooked?

The UK has had a lot of fun partying off its gigantic reserves for the last couple of hundred years and in this time its population has grown immensely, but is the party nearly over now? Can we support the kind of population we have here? Failed civilisations seem to share a common trait - their populations grow too large. Are we there yet?

Surely it makes sense for us all to move to Australia now? (They might whinge a bit, but it seems to be a land of plenty). Or should we have some kind of global war / epidemic, or let nature decide?
    No, we can keep this party going forever
    13.04%
    Yes, the party is over but who cares
    60.87%
    Yes, but breeding more people is the answer
    0.00%
    AndyW has already jumped ship
    26.09%

A nice Bird Flu pandemic should sort it all out.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      The UK has had a lot of fun partying off its gigantic reserves for the last couple of hundred years and in this time its population has grown immensely, but is the party nearly over now? Can we support the kind of population we have here? Failed civilisations seem to share a common trait - their populations grow too large. Are we there yet?

Surely it makes sense for us all to move to Australia now? (They might whinge a bit, but it seems to be a land of plenty). Or should we have some kind of global war / epidemic, or let nature decide?
      Are we there yet!

Can I drive?
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I'm going to go and live in Holland. It's quite nice and not many people seem to want to go there...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          I'm going to go and live in Holland. It's quite nice and not many people seem to want to go there...
          That's beacause it'll all be underwater soon

HTH
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Are we there yet!

Can I drive?
            Be quiet in the back!
            Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
              I'm here now, although I'll be back in the homeland by the end of the year, I miss decent cheese, decent ale, the slightest sense of customer service and not feeling like a dwarf. The lifestyle's fantastic though, just no cheddar.

B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
                I'm here now, although I'll be back in the homeland by the end of the year, I miss decent cheese, decent ale, the slightest sense of customer service and not feeling like a dwarf. The lifestyle's fantastic though, just no cheddar.

People never think of the cheese when they emigrate.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  It's a mistake that'll come back and bite them...
                  B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Or beer! There's no decent ales down-under, people!
                    Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Working...
                    X