• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JobStats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JobStats

Demand for Contractors:

http://www.jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d...S.d/index.html

Rates:

http://www.jobstats.co.uk/jobstats.d/Rates.html

Conclusion:

Rates are holding up reasonably well at the higher end of the market, however the number of contracts are falling just like house prices.

Do we need more migrants?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Do we need more migrants?
      Only in IT, cos there's a skills shortage, 'innit?

Comment

Very Ominus, things are likely to get even worse over the next year.

As ever those in long term contracts will hardly notice the downturn..

Its only the poor sods that find themselves on the bench with a big mortgage and other large expenses that will feel the pain..

Comment

Seems like the market is holding up quite well all things considered. No change last month in number of contracts.

That said, I believe Jobserve is just one big fishing expedition. I think the real number of contracts is close to zero.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

I find contractors to be a useful safety valve in a downturn.
            By sacking them all I can point to my dynamism in introducing "cost savings" and therefore earn top marks with my bosses who just get to see what looks like a dramatic reduction in spend.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I find contractors to be a useful safety valve in a downturn.
              By sacking them all I can point to my dynamism in introducing "cost savings" and therefore earn top marks with my bosses who just get to see what looks like a dramatic reduction in spend.
              Does it make you a millionaire and loved by all though?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Does it make you a millionaire and loved by all though?

Yes I suppose you do need a pleasant fantasy to get you through your dull miserable life in Swindon.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Condor View Post
                  Its only the poor sods that find themselves on the bench with a big mortgage and other large expenses that will feel the pain..
                  That'll be me then, blimin made up jobs, canvessing agencies, ARGHHHHHH

Comment

Working...
                  X