• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investment Banking - permie job?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Investment Banking - permie job?

Hi, have any 'tractors here found a permie job in an IB recently. I've started looking and it nearly makes me physically sick, but needs-must.

What are you're experiences? Where did you end up?

Originally posted by bobsmithldn View Post
    Hi, have any 'tractors here found a permie job in an IB recently. I've started looking and it nearly makes me physically sick, but needs-must.

What are you're experiences? Where did you end up?
    There is work out there, I used to permy IB, then went contracting and now seriously considering going permy IB again.

Some banks pay better than others, I wouldnt consider RBS as a permy they pay cr*p, the fund management / front office side of IT tends to pay better. Current client pays upto £70k for standard analyst level but you need decent busines knowledge for that, bonus usually around £15k at that level, I do know some permy coders here though on £90k plus bonus around £30k ! You need to time it right as well, if you come in as a permy now you unlikely to get anything in this bonus cycle which varies across banks from Dec - Feb. If I was going permy at an IB I would be looking around March time.

Comment

Working...
    X