• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small Car Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Car Recommendations

Given that my Hyundai is undoubtedly the most unreliable car I've ever owned (in the 2 years that I've owned it I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of months when it hasn't had something badly wrong with it, and it's only done 63,000 miles!), I've decided to look at replacing it.

I have to drive an automatic, and I'm going for a smaller car because of the road tax and petrol price, so can anyone make any recommendations?

Hyundai what?

Can't recommend something smaller if we don't know what you drive already.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Honda Jazz and Toyota Yaris are supposed to be worth a look, both have good reliability reputations.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Hyundai what?

Can't recommend something smaller if we don't know what you drive already.
        Sonata. It's called Frank....as in Frank Sonata.

Comment

Toyota Aygo (Group 1 insurance, 62 mpg, £35 road tax).
          Drives like a go-kart i.e. good fun. Very reliable and nippy round town.

Not for motorways although going downhill, fully laden, I managed 90 mph and got a Beemer to get out of my way
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Nissan micra - you know it makes sense
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Go for a Fiesta or something similar. Smaller, less road tax (if you do your homework) and more reliable.

Mrs MM has a 2004 model (I think). Does about 10-12k a year. Nothing serious ever goes wrong (touch wood) and it's cheap as chips to service.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                Sonata. It's called Frank....as in Frank Sonata.
                Go for the Honda Jazz, then you can call it Fats or something equally appropriate

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Not for motorways although going downhill, fully laden, I managed 90 mph and got a Beemer to get out of my way
                  Lawbreaker!

You should be locked up.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    Lawbreaker!

You should be locked up.
                    My defence would have been:

90 is in this car, officer? You must be seeing things
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...