• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beauty is only skin deep

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beauty is only skin deep

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7607905.stm

Should we have to apologise for doing a double take. Is that not how the brain is wired up. The double take is sub conscious as the brain has not been able to make sense from the first image.

Next they'll be trying to make it discriminatory to knock back a minger. (You'll be able to get a bit soon Sas).
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Should we have to apologise for doing a double take. Is that not how the brain is wired up. The double take is sub conscious as the brain has not been able to make sense from the first image.
    I'd have to agree with you there.. and how many people with a facial disfigurement do you see on a daily, weekly or monthly basis?
    For people who live with it or a related/friends with people with a facial disfigurement then the reaction to double take will obviously be little or nil.
    But the rest of us have to cope with the inbuilt instinct to make sense of what the eyes have just seen and which the brain can not automatically deal with
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7607905.stm

Next they'll be trying to make it discriminatory to knock back a minger. (You'll be able to get a bit soon Sas).
      I think it's the gormless expression you habitually employ that they object to.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I always look a woman straight in the chest so it wouldnt bother me.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I think it's the gormless expression you habitually employ that they object to.
          Yes, I call that my Sasguru routine.
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

double take - clothing, hairstyles (colours), size, weight, looks

in fact anything that is not the 'norm' to the observer

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              I always look a woman straight in the chest so it wouldnt bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
                double take - clothing, hairstyles (colours), size, weight, looks

in fact anything that is not the 'norm' to the observer
                One christmas during my uni days I was taking a train back home.
                I must have been looking good cause plenty of girls seemed to be checking me out as I walked to the train station, bought a ticket, waited for the train, got on the train, changed trains at Preston and eventually got home....

It was only when I got home that I realised that I had a big black smudge on my cheek
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                X