• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

got caught not having a valid ticket on londonmidland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got caught not having a valid ticket on londonmidland

well im skint and finally got caught, I accidently put in the wrong ticket and the fat bitch came out of the station whilst i was waiting for a lift, later came out some inspector and they took my name, as i normally pay for a monthly ticket for the last 3years,

they said their fraud department will be sending me a letter and read me my rights as if they were police officers i was like wtf is going on here.

It's just a train service they cant do anything or can they?

little bit worried about the fraud department effecting my sc, is using a train without a valid ticket a criminal offence?

Bloody lawless immigrants....
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Trsiskooooooooooooooo!!

<<canned laughter>>
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

It's the worst kind of crime.

You should be locked up in the Tower and the key tossed into the Thames.

Comment

the thing is im a nice guy and I feel guilty not cos of the fat slag but the actual conductor took it serious and seemed quite young same age as me perhaps and I went home feeling bad. I might right them a letter and say sorry.

Ironically i have forgotton my monthly a few times and had to buy a ticket and never got them refunded as the process to do so sucks, I also broke up a few fights on the late train, so lol, its not like I could have said can you give me a free weekly ticket as I have literally no money, lol they would laugh at me.

Comment

Don't they have special police on the trains?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You are a criminal and a parasite, a boil on the backside of humanity.
              The horror and revulsion I feel for you right now is...........

Totally feigned

I think it's a £60 fine which goes up rapidly if you don't pay immediately.
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Don't they have special police on the trains?
                No! all the police on trains went to special schools (remedial) hence the confusion
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I'm baffled by what you say

"Accidentally put in the wrong ticket" - what do you mean? If you had produced the correct ticket that shouldn't have been a problem, unless you had the correct ticket but were actively seeking to defraud them with a bogus ticket.

"...read me my rights as if they were police officers i was like wtf is going on here..." - they have the power to institute criminal proceedings. It's not just the Police that can institute criminal proceedings. They can do so, but are (like the Police) required to notify you of your rights ("read you your rights" if you derive your knowledge of the law from television dramas) when informing you that they intend to do so.

"It's just a train service they cant do anything or can they?" - Whereas most places you might try to rip off don't have such powers (e.g. filling your tank and driving off without paying is theft, thus being something the Police have to deal with) seeking to defraud public transport operators - and particularly rail operators - is something governed by its own set of laws, and (to answer your question) they can. And they do. And they will.

"...is using a train without a valid ticket a criminal offence?" - Yes. Of course it is. Stealing any kind of service, or obtaining a service by deception, is a criminal offence. Seriously, what did you think it would be? "It's not stealing because it's a train"? Go and nick the Flying Scotsman and take it for a joyride down the West Coast mainline - after all, it's only "using a train".

I hope to goodness you're a troll, because... well, let's just leave it there.
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 11 September 2008, 02:08. Reason: Tidying terminology

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I hope to goodness you're a troll, because... well, let's just leave it there.
                    I am intrigued now. I think you wrre going to say "you are Wilmslow's more stupid sibling and I claim my £5". Am I right?

Comment

Working...
                    X