• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am looking for some remote work.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking for some remote work.

I'm a freelancer, which means I work from home, often for multiple clients at once. I had tried to keep two projects going, but a big crunch time meant I ended up on just one, and now that's going to reduce to only @20 hours a week.
    I've only ever found people wanting freelance developers by accident. Now I'd like to do it on purpose, but I've never had success with contracting/recruitment firms for this.
    So perhaps I can draw on the networking power in CUK... anyone know companies I might want to contact, or sites I might want to look at.

For reference, I'm a coder, designer and architect. I'm a traditionalist at heart - real applications you actually install - but I've worked with those newfangled internets too. You know the deal - C++, Java, C#, JSP, blah blah blah.

Is such blatant self promotion allowed here?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Remote work

http://www.tiptopjob.com/search/jobs.../MNG_Mongolia#

HTH
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

http://www.elance.com
      http://www.guru.com
      http://www.freelancers.net

Comment

Agents generally are not interested in short term or part time work, because they don't make enough money out of it. What you should do is, whenever an agency contacts you, or you see a contract that's of interest, tell the agency that you're looking for part-time and remote working contracts. These do arise from time to time, and if your name is linked to "part-time, remote working", then you may get some success. But really the best way is to market yourself through your network of contacts.

Another difficulty is getting clients to understand that the day rate for 5 days of work is higher than the day rate for 200 days of work.

Often clients will have a dictat from on high fixing the maximum daily rate. What you do then is take that rate, but work fewer hours. You can be quite up front about his. So, if the rate offered is £500, and you want £1000, you just work 4 hours a day - leaving time to get another contract at £500 a day.

I can tell you all this, because you're in a different market sector to me.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Agents generally are not interested in short term or part time work, because they don't make enough money out of it. What you should do is, whenever an agency contacts you, or you see a contract that's of interest, tell the agency that you're looking for part-time and remote working contracts. These do arise from time to time, and if your name is linked to "part-time, remote working", then you may get some success. But really the best way is to market yourself through your network of contacts.
          Yeah, that's basically what I figured. I'm not registered with any agencies for those reasons, the problem is I don't have a lot of contacts just yet.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

freelancing for CRM

Are there dedicated websites for freelancing or contracts for Siebel CRM??

will really clients are ready to give freelancing work to freelancers on CRM technology?? Does anybody have experience with this??

Comment

at last !!

just the man i've been looking for..

my One for All remote wont connect to my media centre, any help would be greatly appreciated..
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by soophy View Post
                will really clients are ready

Comment

Working...
                X