• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who would honeymoon there?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would honeymoon there?

Who would go to Afghanistan for their honeymoon?

'Home alone' mother is questioned

Simten Sadiq was taken to a police station in Leeds for questioning
    A woman accused of leaving her three children home alone while she visited Afghanistan has been arrested.

Simten Sadiq's three children, aged 11, six and five, were found hiding under a bed at their home on Alexandra Grove in Burley, Leeds, on 30 August.

The 33-year-old was arrested on suspicion of wilful neglect by officers when she arrived at Heathrow Airport on Tuesday night, police said.

It is thought the trainee teacher had been honeymooning with her new husband.
    A spokesman for West Yorkshire Police said: "A 33-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of wilful neglect in relation to an incident in Burley on Saturday, August 30, in which three children were found at an address with no adult present."

She was brought back to Leeds for questioning but has since been released on police bailing pending further inquiries, police said.

Mrs Sadiq's eldest child, aged 14, lives with her ex-husband, Parvez Sadiq, the father of all her children.

The mother-of-four also uses her previous surname of Sezgun after the couple divorced under Islamic law, but they have yet to do so under British civil law.

Also - how can she get remarried if she has not been divorced under British law?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Damn, I was just going to post this.

I was also wondering why she has not been charged with bigamy. Maybe she is not a British citizen, in which case "don't unpack love, you're going back".
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

She's not charged with bigamy, because it was only a religious ceremony. Her version of Islam obviously doesn't take into account state legalities. She isn't legally married to the other bloke.

She asked the same question:
      Simten, 33, said: "Who'd want to come here on honeymoon? All there is here is dust and people being killed."
      "I am not a bad mother. I arranged for my children to be looked after by their aunt and a friend. I left money for food and rang every day."
      Didn't choose her carers well enough, so in my book, that's neglect.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
      X