• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Head Up - Has your driving licence photo card expired?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head Up - Has your driving licence photo card expired?

Evidently the photocard bit is only valid for 10 yrs and if you have an out of date one it's a possible £1000 fine.

Not a lot of people know that.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Evidently the photocard bit is only valid for 10 yrs and if you have an out of date one it's a possible £1000 fine.

Not a lot of people know that.
    So when do you have to pay?
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

10 years!!!!!!!!! I've moved house this year and sent off to change my address and the photo part expires in October 09!!!!

Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
        Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why

err because its reasonable to suppose that the appearance of a fair percentage of people will change enough over a ten year period to warrant a new picture....

quite apart from getting grubby, stained etc......

Thats not to say I even agree with having a Photo Card for my driving licence - as well as a Passport, and an ID card and.......

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          So when do you have to pay?
          when the doughnut shop closes and it's not yet clocking off time for old man plod
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

14th January 2013!

phew.......

I thought I was finally nicked there.

Comment

10 years!!!!!!!!! I've moved house this year and sent off to change my address and the photo part expires in October 09!!!!

As the photo was taken in October 1999.

Have you changed much?

Comment

I've had a L one for five years now. I think...I lost it some time ago..

Geez...don't they send you a letter and call you down to the DVLA local office to have a new photo taken and hand you a tempor....oh wait this is the UK. hardly can expect that level of service...shoot y'all still have cobbled streets!
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

apart from my nose job, Botox, facelift and sex change it's still little ol me

Comment

apart from my nose job, Botox, facelift and sex change it's still little ol me
                    fugly

Comment

Working...
                    X