• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Same client, current contract - ltd company, new contract - ok to use umbrealla?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same client, current contract - ltd company, new contract - ok to use umbrealla?

Client is offering a renewal but I wish to close down my limited company and get money out in form of capital distribution. I would like to work using umbrealla company (all tax and NIs paid, no dodgy stuff) and sign a new contract with the same client.

Is it ok to do so?

(I've not paid myself any dividend during this tax year and won't do that in future either.)

anyone?

anyone?

Comment

Putting your company closure issues aside as that's between you, your accountant and the Tax Man, there's no real reason that you can't change your contracting route in this manner so long as the client and agent are made aware in clear and sensible terms.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        Putting your company closure issues aside as that's between you, your accountant and the Tax Man, there's no real reason that you can't change your contracting route in this manner so long as the client and agent are made aware in clear and sensible terms.
        Probably only actualluy needs to be the agent.

You swap contract between Agency - YourCo for Agency - YourUmb.
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
          Probably only actualluy needs to be the agent.

You swap contract between Agency - YourCo for Agency - YourUmb.
          Thanks. But doesn't that mean that it'll be easy ir35 target for bigbro as I'm being paid full PAYE salary during the contract being an employee of umbrealla company for the same work and working conditions that I had when working as a director/employee of my own ltd company?

Comment

I assume you are worried about IR35 hitting your ltdco? Because, of course, once you've handed control of your finances, dunning procedures etc. to a third party, you won't need to worry about IR35.

Anyway, the fact that you were ltd before is irrelevent. You get hit by IR35 if a notional contract established between YOU and the CLIENT would be one of employment. If you had an non-IR35 contract, what you do after won't affect that.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X