• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You think you know your neighbours.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You think you know your neighbours.

I’ve just put planning permission in for a single story 7.5m x 4m extension to side of my house on the driveway.

2 of my neighbours have telephoned/called round to tell me they will be objecting.

1st Neighbour – Next Door

Objection - It will bloke my light - (The side of her house has no windows)

2nd Neighbour – Across the road

Objection 1 - Parking will be an issue - I currently have spaces for 4/5 cars of which the extension will take up 2 spaces – (She have a drive way which will hold about 5 -10 cars)

Objection 2 - Building works will be an issue – The guy who removed a skip from our driveway allegedly damaged her wall when reversing out a few years back.

If planning is denied for these objections I will of course appeal. The thing that gets me is I’ve helped both neighbours no end in the last 8 years (Think this will have to stop)

Where has Wimslow gone? – I need advise on neighbour hatred.
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

you don't actually mention whether its a single story extension?
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
      you don't actually mention whether its a single story extension?
      See Above
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by wc2 View Post
        I’ve just put planning permission in for a single story 7.5m x 4m extension to side of my house on the driveway.
        Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          See Above
          ahh, bollox I'm having a bad day today ....

still doesn't mention how high it is [ bluebird clutching at straws ]
          Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

1st Neighbour – Next Door

Objection - It will bloke my light -
            Keyboard. Coffee.

Comment

The objection about the building work is not a valid reason and the planners will ignore it. What did they say when you went around to discuss your plans?

Comment

When I lived in a semi many years ago, the neighbour applied for a side extension on their drive.

I did not object. When they dug the foundation, they actually put the thing right up against my boundary.

This meant that the new owner of my old house can't put up a similar extension over their drive as they need to leave a gap.

Learned one thing. If in doubt object like fook at other peoples extensions.

Comment

Just tell them that if planning is refused, you intend to buy a bigger house and rent that one out to problem families
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    The objection about the building work is not a valid reason and the planners will ignore it. What did they say when you went around to discuss your plans?
                    The neighbours came to / telephoned me. with their objections. Should I have gone to them first?

The council came round yesterday to take photographs of the driveway etc

Comment

Working...
                    X