• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Mail shocker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Mail shocker

They didn't give the value of her house
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ther-face.html

Nor the value of the shells involved.

Fooking Daily Mail readers.

Comment

If you believe the British press, the youth of today is aimless, feckless and hopeless, addicted to their PlayStations, lacking in respect and lacking in the emotional discipline needed to cope with a big match occasion.
      advertisement

If you believe the politicians, we have a broken society, in which the courage and morals of young people have been sapped by welfarism and political correctness.

And if you look at this girl with loads of snails on her face, you can see what piffle that is.

This snail girl has added an amazing ten snails to record that has stood for 19 years; and I have to say that when she finally took those snails back off her face and flung her arm up in the air, I had a lump in my throat, and my feelings could be described as sentimental incredulity.

Imagine, in other words, if we could use the inspiration of this snail-face success to encourage children throughout our educational system. Think what they could achieve in 2012.

Boris Johnson

Comment

I've had a snail trail over my face too when I were a younger lad...
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Ive noticed on a few stories they like to drop 'BMW', when 'car' would have done just fine:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-took-nap.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...m-pile-up.html

Clearly the story is more important if a BMW is involved.

Comment

Clearly the story is more important if a BMW is involved.
            I wouldn't say the story is more important, but the use of "BMW" lets the reader know what sort of person they are dealing with here.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              If you believe the British press, the youth of today is aimless, flipless and hopeless, addicted to their PlayStations, lacking in respect and lacking in the emotional discipline needed to cope with a big match occasion.
              advertisement

If you believe the politicians, we have a broken society, in which the courage and morals of young people have been sapped by welfarism and political correctness.

And if you look at this girl with loads of snails on her face, you can see what piffle that is.

This snail girl has added an amazing ten snails to record that has stood for 19 years; and I have to say that when she finally took those snails back off her face and flung her arm up in the air, I had a lump in my throat, and my feelings could be described as sentimental incredulity.

Imagine, in other words, if we could use the inspiration of this snail-face success to encourage children throughout our educational system. Think what they could achieve in 2012.

Boris Johnson

One thing's for sure. We'll beat the French at this in 2012. There are no points for a snail in your belly. It's on the face or nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                If you believe the British press, the youth of today is aimless, flipless and hopeless...
                If you believe the administrators of today, the four letters "f" "e" "c" and "k" must never be seen immediately adjacent to one another in that specific order, as some people might correlate such proximate instantiation of said glyphs as being related to a form of pronunciation used by a character in a sitcom from over ten years ago and thence, by back-formation, being related to a four-letter word of Anglo-Saxon derivation that is, in fact, tolerated even on television nowadays.

The fact that this leads to the distortion of such a perfectly acceptable word as "feckless" appears to elude them as they struggle to conquer the tricky art of Regular Expressions.

I mean, for flips sake...

Comment

Working...
                X