• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lehman Bros. Going Down?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lehman Bros. Going Down?

Will Lehman bros. enter the territory of junk stock today? Trading to be ceased on Lehman (NYSE) sometime today?
    Yes
    55.56%
    No
    22.22%
    Ask Andy
    22.22%

The poll is expired.

Bored.

What exactly has happened? My last permie job was working for a software company who did a lot of outsourced work for Lehman and I got the impression the were a gigantic organisation, one of the bigger banks?

I wonder how my old company is doing right now...
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ites-dust.html

It's not looking good. I give them until sometime next week though so will vote AndyW.

Comment

Forgive a stupid question, but if Lehman go down, all the employees won't suddenly be jobless will they? Lehman are involved in so many bonds and mortgages, I assume it would take years for them to actually wind down...
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

No they just get bought for a "song" and the mortgages on stuff move onto the books of the new bank. In the database you will probably see "Lehman Bros" in one of the fields. Occasionally a new graduate trainee will come across a dusty training manual with a Lehman Bros logo on it.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
          X