• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something wrong here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something wrong here

ok, it's 9:30, there is usually 5 permie's in this office and as zey are German they are here at precisely 6:30, 7, 8:30 and 2 at 9am.. not one has turned up today.. wtf?

i know 2 of them are on holiday today, what about the other 3?

it's not a german national holiday

they are allowed to do flexible hrs and so it's possible they've made up time to bugger off today

i'm paid an hrly rate, decisions decisions
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    ok, it's 9:30, there is usually 5 permie's in this office and as zey are German they are here at precisely 6:30, 7, 8:30 and 2 at 9am.. not one has turned up today.. wtf?

i know 2 of them are on holiday today, what about the other 3?

it's not a german national holiday.

they are allowed to do flexible hrs and so it's possible they've made up time to bugger off today

i'm paid an hrly rate, decisions decisions
    I've corrected what I thought was wrong. I could be wrong though.

Okay

are

I

German

They
    hours

I'm

hourly

Comment

Some kind of national holiday? Victory in Poland Day?
      Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        I've corrected what I thought was wrong. I could be wrong though.

Okay

are

I

German

They
        hours

I'm

hourly
        thanks, i think that speaking loudly and slowly to the locals (as is required on the continent, ask Basil Fawlty) is starting to have an effect

Comment

Probably a minor off on the autobahn holding everybody up.
          I am assuming Stuttgart is getting the same torrential rain we are having?
          Germans do not change their driving according to conditions. It happens regularly. Wait till the first snow falls.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

it rains heavily now and again but nothing like the uk has seen over the last few weeks, it was a lovely 25-27C most of last week.

I know what you mean about not changing their driving style, the crossroad lights were out last night and the locals just couldn't cope. It seemed the solution was to simply floor it through the lights and swerve to miss others doing the same, very funny to watch.

Comment

it rains heavily now and again but nothing like the uk has seen over the last few weeks, it was a lovely 25-27C most of last week.

I know what you mean about not changing their driving style, the crossroad lights were out last night and the locals just couldn't cope. It seemed the solution was to simply floor it through the lights and swerve to miss others doing the same, very funny to watch.
              It has been glorious here. Wifey is jealous as it has hissed it down back home.
              How are you settling in? Did you try the market I suggested?
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

have settled in great cheers:

- found an apartment in SI Center (3 mins walk from work) at a very reasonable price, 15th floor so have a great view
                - enjoyed the Wine Festival over the least few weeks
                - i found the market you mentioned, it's where i do most of my shopping, great for all types of meat, fresh veg, cheese and olives, great recommendation

this weekend I think i'll take a visit to the porsche museum and go find the english cinema

Comment

centuries.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                    Some kind of national holiday? Victory in Poland Day?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X