• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obama chucks flower at Ground Zero memorial

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obama chucks flower at Ground Zero memorial

Okay you'd have to launch a flower with appreciable velocity if you intend to get some distance or to reach the middle, but does it indicate a lack of maturity from a world leader? Is Obama ready for the big time?

If you didn't catch the news, video here (with the flower chucking in the first few seconds):
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=67a8BYSx2DU
    No, just chuck the flower on
    36.36%
    Yes, it perhaps indicated a lack of maturity
    18.18%
    AndyW would have thrown the flower stem-first and reached the other side
    45.45%

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Okay you'd have to launch a flower with appreciable velocity if you intend to get some distance or to reach the middle, but does it indicate a lack of maturity from a world leader? Is Obama ready for the big time?

If you didn't catch the news, video here (with the flower chucking in the first few seconds):
    I'm sorry, but are you fking serious?
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

40 acres and a mule
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Are you finally ready to stop posting crap ?

Comment

Does using the 9/11 deceased as a political football indicate a lack of maturity?

[x]Signed
          []Not signed

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
            Does using the 9/11 deceased as a political football indicate a lack of maturity?

[x]Signed
            []Not signed
            You cant win on that one.
            Not taking part = disrespect.
            Taking part = exploitation.
            What can you do?
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              What can you do?
              Apparently you can throw/place the flower in the wrong manner symbolising your lack of readiness to lead the country.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                Apparently you can throw/place the flower in the wrong manner symbolising your lack of readiness to lead the country.
                Some people are just looking for flaws.
                I have not been to that memorial, but I assume there are lots of flowers and pictures of the deceased. Is it just possible that Obama aimed his flower at a particular place for a reason.
                I didnt see anything wrong with what he did, I am guessing lots of people will be aiming their flowers for the middle.
                Is there a right and wrong way to show your feelings at a mass murder site?
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  Some people are just looking for flaws.
                  I have not been to that memorial, but I assume there are lots of flowers and pictures of the deceased. Is it just possible that Obama aimed his flower at a particular place for a reason.
                  I didnt see anything wrong with what he did, I am guessing lots of people will be aiming their flowers for the middle.
                  Is there a right and wrong way to show your feelings at a mass murder site?
                  Fcked if I know. Maybe if he pissed on it or something there would be some kind of point in criticising him ...

Comment

If you watch the clip he throws the flowers by taking a run up and lobbing them up under his leg. Looked pretty cool to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X