• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dress down day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dress down day

Is Friday dress down day for anyone else. Client does not mind if there are no visitors in but it does show stereotypes.

Support guy in front of me with jeans, heavy metal t-shirt and leather waistcoat... I assume this is standard dress for numpty bikers..

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    Is Friday dress down day for anyone else. Client does not mind if there are no visitors in but it does show stereotypes.

Support guy in front of me with jeans, heavy metal t-shirt and leather waistcoat... I assume this is standard dress for numpty bikers..
    For me, every day is dress down day.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Business Casual day here. No jeans, no t-shirts/collarless shirts. etc

Basically mean that instead of suit and tie all the guys are in chinos and poloshirts. Don't know whay they bother.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Even if i turn up on Fridays in jeans and a polo shirt, i never dress 'down'. Dressing down suggests you can go to the office in in your gardening togs.

Too many people use dress down Fridays as a good excuse to show everyone else what their weekend hobbies are by wearing dodgy t-shirts with heavy metal bands on or american ice hockey teams.

Comment

I assume this is standard dress for numpty bikers..
          Get yourself down to Brighton on Sunday and say that.

Your assumption shows your pea-sized brain is the same size as your penis!!
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

If you're a contractor, does taking part in a dress-down day affect you IR35 status?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
              Too many people use dress down Fridays as a good excuse to show everyone else what their weekend hobbies are by wearing dodgy t-shirts with heavy metal bands on or american ice hockey teams.
              Tell me about it. So far have had no complaints re this one.

Comment

Can't be bothered with dress down days any more, I prefer to and tend to wear a suit (no tie) anyway. Seems to impress the clients also especially when you're sat on contractor row and everyone else looks like they've walked in from a building site or provincial airport.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  If you're a contractor, does taking part in a dress-down day affect you IR35 status?
                  I go to work wearing a 'MyCo LTD' t-shirt and baseball cap to mitigate against IR35

Comment

used to have dress down day here but a new CEO appeared and stopped it.

shame most the time everyone is dressed down anyway!

supposed to be shirt and tie for men and smart attire for women (bit sexest really!)

Comment

Working...
                    X