• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear - ZanuLab look cattletrucked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh dear - ZanuLab look cattletrucked

Poll shows Tories headed for a landslide victory...

The survey by Channel 4 News in 60 Labour held target seats also reveals that voters regard Gordon Brown as "out of touch", "indecisive", "gloomy" and "incompetent".

If there was a general election tomorrow Mr Cameron would be the new Prime Minister with a Commons majority of up to 150 on a swing of 12 per cent even larger than the one enjoyed by Tony Blair in his first election landslide.

Only one per cent of those polled said that they rated Mr Brown's performance as excellent with 59 per cent describing it as "poor, bad, or dreadful". The poll also showed 79 per cent regard the Labour Party as hopelessly divided.
    linky
    Older and ...well, just older!!

While I don't think that Labour have done well and Brown is most definitely a muppet the idea of a Tory government (or government of any complexion for that matter) with a 150 majority scares me.

Unassailable majorities make for insane and poorly thought out policies and we've had more than enough of those for the last 30 years.

Comment

Oh I dunno, repeal of IR35, reduced Corporation Tax and kicking ID cards into the long grass seems a good start to me...

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
        Oh I dunno, repeal of IR35, reduced Corporation Tax and kicking ID cards into the long grass seems a good start to me...
        You'll end up paying it elsewhere....
        Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          And if you honestly believe that lot will happen I recommend that you put down the bong, lay off the crack pipe and remove the alcohol intravenous drip.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            And if you honestly believe that lot will happen I recommend that you put down the bong, lay off the crack pipe and remove the alcohol intravenous drip.
            OK. Let's follow through what you say; Given that politicians of all parties are not to be believed and everything they say is a lie, how do you suggest voters decide come election day?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              While I don't think that Labour have done well and Brown is most definitely a muppet the idea of a Tory government (or government of any complexion for that matter) with a 150 majority scares me.

Unassailable majorities make for insane and poorly thought out policies and we've had more than enough of those for the last 30 years.

We need a good strong dose of right wing government to reduce the benefit culture and to further curb the unions, reduce public sector pensions to private sector levels, cut the number of worthless jobs in the public sector, to curb immigration, to increase prison sentences and to bring back the death sentence(although I accept that this won't happen due to th EU).

Right wing government will also have a pleasant side effect of reducing our taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                We need a good strong dose of right wing government to reduce the benefit culture and to further curb the unions, reduce public sector pensions to private sector levels, cut the number of worthless jobs in the public sector, to curb immigration, to increase prison sentences and to bring back the death sentence(although I accept that this won't happen due to th EU).

Right wing government will also have a pleasant side effect of reducing our taxes.
                The I suggest you get in your time machine and go back to Germany in the mid-to-late 1930s. What grand old days!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                  The I suggest you get in your time machine and go back to Germany in the mid-to-late 1930s. What grand old days!

The past is looking a lot better prospect than a future under New Lie.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Let's borrow Threaded's (where the flip is he?) ...
                    Denmark has been off for the summer. He's probably been cycling to the pie shop...

Comment

Working...
                    X