• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job Offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job Offer

Eeeeek,
    Just been offered a job after interview last week. Trouble is it is no nearer home (still an hour), the office is a converted industrial unit (awful), 42.5 is the standard hours and there is no fabulous bird to pass the time with while I surf the net and wonder what to do on my friday afternoon off overy week (if you do the 35 hours by then you can go)
    The good news is it is a proper managers job (awful team leader at the mo) and pays 10k more a year.
    Not exactly beating my door down at the moment (ITIL is helping though)
    Yeah it is permie, was contracting for 10 years till the ass fell out of the support market (well done on not having a plan B and/or training up)
    I have to take it dont I ?

Originally posted by lukemg
    Eeeeek,
    Just been offered a job after interview last week. Trouble is it is no nearer home (still an hour), the office is a converted industrial unit (awful), 42.5 is the standard hours and there is no fabulous bird to pass the time with while I surf the net and wonder what to do on my friday afternoon off overy week (if you do the 35 hours by then you can go)
    The good news is it is a proper managers job (awful team leader at the mo) and pays 10k more a year.
    Not exactly beating my door down at the moment (ITIL is helping though)
    Yeah it is permie, was contracting for 10 years till the ass fell out of the support market (well done on not having a plan B and/or training up)
    I have to take it dont I ?
    Ha ha, a support monkey, moving into management... FFS! Why not go and work in a call center?

Comment

centre

Take the pay increase and look for something better.
      HTH
      We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
        centre

Take the pay increase and look for something better.
        HTH
        Thanks Fleety but can't both spellings be used?

Comment

"Center" is the American spelling and, as such, is beneath contempt.
          We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

good luck Luke, needs must and all that

Fleet are you back in a contract yet or are you going permy ?

Milan

Comment

Fair enough Churchill, I will take that on the chin, former support monkey trying to make a change of direction.
              Good luck to all out there, as mentioned can take it and consider my options later.

Comment

get into .Net Luke.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                  get into .Net Luke.

Milan.
                  ADA - she's a harsh but worthy mistress!

Comment

Quite so Fleetwood. I refuse to use Americanisms like "center" or "color" even in HTML. None of my webpages work but it's that's a small price to pay for principal.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X