• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's going to get messy...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's going to get messy...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7615712.stm

Anyone at Lehmans here care to shed some light on what the situation's like there?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Looks like the USA is about to buy itself another cheap bank.

(cheap as in price, not value)

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7615712.stm

Anyone at Lehmans here care to shed some light on what the situation's like there?
      I'm not in Lehman's, but I'll tell you one thing; a mate of mine from College works there now.

In the mid 80's, had to take his 'O'-level maths THREE times, and still failed. A distant relative of mine, who was 16 during matey's final attempt at numeracy, caught him COUNTING ON HIS FINGERS in class. And this guy (matey), to this day, doesn't have a facetious or sarcastic bone in his body. On his Facebook profile he proclaims - with all sincerity - "Lehman's really look after me".

YOU do the maths.

Comment

Originally posted by JaybeeInCUK View Post
        I'm not in Lehman's, but I'll tell you one thing; a mate of mine from College works there now.

In the mid 80's, had to take his 'O'-level maths THREE times, and still failed. A distant relative of mine, who was 16 during matey's final attempt at numeracy, caught him COUNTING ON HIS FINGERS in class. And this guy (matey), to this day, doesn't have a facetious or sarcastic bone in his body. On his Facebook profile he proclaims - with all sincerity - "Lehman's really look after me".

YOU do the maths.
        ....it all begins to make sense
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It's a shame that Gordon Brown appears to count on his fingers also !!

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
            ....it all begins to make sense
            I should add, I only hung around with him because he had the damnedest ability to rope in the sexiest babes in College, and I was drowning in my own testosterone, I thought it best to endure his .

That was the 80's - today he's lost his looks and is shacked up with a single mother with 3 kids, one from her previous marriage.

I certainly feel sorry for him today, that's for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by JaybeeInCUK View Post
              used to work there
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

The biggest question is how much money does Lehmans owe to British banks ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  The biggest question is how much money does Lehmans owe to British banks ?
                  Everything linked globally these days - exposure to other regions important too.

Comment

Biggest losers are the Lehman's share holders their shares were around $50 now around $3.

I am shocked that the US Ferderal reserve haven't bailed them out.

Comment

Working...
                    X