• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House Raffle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House Raffle

I has given a chance to enter a "raffle" over the weekend - £10 a ticket for the chance to win a £300k house.

Draw is made after 40k tickets sold, £50k to charity - organiser pockets the £350k making a nice profit.

Are these schemes supposed to registered with some sort of gvt body ?

any ideas how they work - I was thinking of doing the same with the house I can't sell.
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
    I has given a chance to enter a "raffle" over the weekend - £10 a ticket for the chance to win a £300k house.

Draw is made after 40k tickets sold, £50k to charity - organiser pockets the £350k making a nice profit.

Are these schemes supposed to registered with some sort of gvt body ?

any ideas how they work - I was thinking of doing the same with the house I can't sell.
    thing that worries me is the valuation. current market like trying to catch a falling knife.

what happens if less than 40k tickets sold?

If they get 40k tickets sold they will do very well.

Comment

they simply give the cash raised as the prize.. it'll be a clause of the raffle that unless all tickets are sold, the house stays with current owners
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

If less than 40k tickets sold, then prize will be a cash value of:

Revenue less Charity Donation & Costs

Charity Donation is deemed as being one eigth of sales

ie 20k tickets sold = £200,000
        Less charity [ £25k ] less costs [ £25k ]
        Prize = £150,000

Comment

In order for it not to fall foul of the lottery laws there has to be an element of skill, such as a question only 20% (ish) of the population could answer. Otherwise they will be prosecuted.

Search the beeb website for such a case.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

yes their question is - what is the capital of Wales - Cardiff/Glasgow/London!

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              they simply give the cash raised as the prize.. it'll be a clause of the raffle that unless all tickets are sold, the house stays with current owners
              or stick the money in an offshore account and head for panama? tell everyone that someone ficticious won it?

or is the money in a holding account held by an independeny third party? a firm of accountants?

Comment

yes their question is - what is the capital of Wales - Cardiff/Glasgow/London!
                hmmmm - a tough one eh? can I take 50/50 please?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  or stick the money in an offshore account and head for panama? tell everyone that someone ficticious won it?

or is the money in a holding account held by an independeny third party? a firm of accountants?

"they" say the deeds etc are held by their solicitors......

I thought you would need to register with the "Lottery Commission" or somebody - aren't bookies & casios registered?

Comment

"they" say the deeds etc are held by their solicitors......

I thought you would need to register with the "Lottery Commission" or somebody - aren't bookies & casios registered?
                    Bookies yes, but you can own a calculator or watch largely unfettered
                    Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X