• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Noel Edmunds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noel Edmunds

I would never get tired of dancing on his face (wearing crampons), but now he apparently thinks that having made all that cash at our expense, it's OK to stop paying his TV licence*

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle4753618.ece

* Also in today's Times was a literacy test from Harrow school - one of the examples was the correct spelling of licence.

But what do you think about Noel Edmonds?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The BBC should be privatised and the license fee abolished.

Comment

I'm happy enough to pay the licence fee for the chance to get a few radio stations and television without advertisements. Don't care about the quality just so long as F1 in 2009 doesn't cut to a break.
        B00med!

Comment

How can you be so rude to the creator of Mr Blobby?

Comment

I saw the interview on TV. Fair enough to him, he's a bit miffed about the BBC's attitude but to say he's stopped his licence fee live on air and then say they haven't caught him yet I found quite amusing...
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Let's hope Edmunds ends up sharing a cell with Bubba...

Which sort of brings up the question of why one can get gaoled for something that is essentially a civil debt...
              I think its because he owes money to a "government body" - they can do what they want. Its like not paying council tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
                I'm happy enough to pay the licence fee for the chance to get a few radio stations and television without advertisements. Don't care about the quality just so long as F1 in 2009 doesn't cut to a break.

I get masses of channels on-line for nothing. No need to use a TV.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Let's hope Edmunds ends up sharing a cell with Bubba...

Which sort of brings up the question of why one can get gaoled for something that is essentially a civil debt...
                  Except it's not a civil debt its a Criminal Offence under the Wireless Telegraphy act of 1967.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    I get masses of channels on-line for nothing. No need to use a TV.
                    You still need a TV licence though....
                    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Working...
                    X