• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Arctic Monkeys

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arctic Monkeys

Are they still Gordon Brown's favourite band?

Originally posted by stackpole View Post
    Are they still Gordon Brown's favourite band?
    No, I think his favourite band are Economic Monkeys.

Comment

I have never said I like the Arctic Monkeys.

Comment

True, Coldplay's more your thing.

Asked if he really liked the band, the Chancellor responded: 'You've got to laugh, because actually I was asked did I prefer Arctic Monkeys to James Blunt (of 'You're Beautiful' fame), and I think I said I'd prefer Coldplay. But I made a joke that Arctic Monkeys would certainly wake you up in the morning. So, I mean, I've heard Arctic Monkeys and they're very loud.'
        This is interesting
        Brown does own an iPod - his wife bought it for him - but it is said to contain largely speeches, including Bob Geldof's famous four-letter tirade at Live Aid, and classical music.
        So he enjoys the phrase "Just give us the ******* money."? How appropriate for the money grabbing Cyclops.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
          True, Coldplay's more your thing.

This is interesting

So he enjoys the phrase "Just give us the ******* money."? How appropriate for the money grabbing Cyclops.
          Saint Bob never said that.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            Saint Bob never said that.
            According to Wikiknowitall
            he is yet to be canonised.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              According to Wikiknowitall
              he is yet to be canonised.
              Originally posted by Saint Bob Himself
              I actually didn't want him on the stage, 'cause his haircut at the time was so appalling.

* On Bono's appearance at Live Aid.
              Now that's what I call cheek. Geldorf criticising another of the saintly brotherhood because of his hair

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X