• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Airport Exit Controls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airport Exit Controls

One of the permie here is on 'HSMP' visa and had recently gone back to bangalore and is back in the UK now...

He says his Passport was exit-stamped not even once in the last 3 years on all the occassions when he had left UK!(Thank God atleast an entry stamp is made!)

Why is the exit stamp not being done in our aiports and how does immigration track whether a person leaving the UK has not overstayed his/her visa?

Originally posted by schindler View Post

Why is the exit stamp not being done in our aiports and how does immigration track whether a person leaving the UK has not overstayed his/her visa duration?
    Exit stamps were abandoned a long time ago, and to answer your question, they don't.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Exit stamps were abandoned a long time ago, and to answer your question, they don't.
      WHS

Although i have seen immigration officers just past the security area at Manchester Airport randomly checking peoples passports.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Exactly my point... why were they abandoned and why don't they track/penalise overstaying their visa?

No wonder 'emigrate to australia' forums are crowded with brits

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          WHS

Although i have seen immigration officers just past the security area at Manchester Airport randomly checking peoples passports.
          Same here...I have flown out of BHX and LHR a couple of times lately and have been asked for my passport for just 'viewing' purpose..

Comment

Originally posted by schindler View Post
            No wonder 'emigrate to australia' forums are crowded with brits
            If only Australian immigration controls were like ours. I'd be keener on a free migration between Canada, US, Australia and New Zealand than with Europe and anyone else that wants to come here.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              If only Australian immigration controls were like ours. I'd be keener on a free migration between Canada, US, Australia and New Zealand than with Europe and anyone else that wants to come here.
              I'm sure I can find several daily mail articles promoting that view
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                I'm sure I can find several daily mail articles promoting that view
                I hope they include house prices for each country....

Comment

I jsut found out the small company I'm working for right now is hiring Indian Accountants on Student Visas so they can pay them lower wages. Trust me these guys aren't students. They are about 40 years old... and incompetent.

I shall be reporting them from my home PC later on tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I hope they include monthly house prices for each country over the past decade ....
                    B00med!

Comment

Working...
                    X