• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you run?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you run?

Just an open question. Why do people run for the tube at rush hour just as the doors are closing, barging into people already onboard and getting their backpack, briefcase, laptop bag etc jammed in the doors.

Why? there is another train along in a minute or two. Chilll out...

Unlike you and me, they're not in the position of being on time by virtue of having simply arrived at the office.
    Instead they need to be there to fit someone elses schedule.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
      Just an open question. Why do people run for the tube at rush hour just as the doors are closing, barging into people already onboard and getting their backpack, briefcase, laptop bag etc jammed in the doors.

Why? there is another train along in a minute or two. Chilll out...
      I never run in the Underground

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I never run in the Underground
        Not twice anyway...
        B00med!

Comment

I don't get into the big smoke very often but when I do it always amazes me how everyone rushes around as if they have to be somewhere really important.

And it really pisses them off when I stand on the wrong side of the elevator or turn the wrong way when I get off the tube and look around lost for the exit signs

chill people. its only work.

Comment

Because it can be the difference between getting there on time and getting there 1/2 hour(s) later.

This has happened to me a couple of times, where the train I've got on has been the last one through before a signal failure. It's also happened to me where I've been on the train that was the first to get stopped.

That said, if a train is packed I won't get on it these days - I'd rather get there late than have to smell several "unwashed" armpits...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Because it can be the difference between getting there on time and getting there 1/2 hour(s) later.

This has happened to me a couple of times, where the train I've got on has been the last one through before a signal failure. It's also happened to me where I've been on the train that was the first to get stopped.

That said, if a train is packed I won't get on it these days - I'd rather get there late than have to smell several "unwashed" armpits...
              I avoid using the underground for work related journeys as much as possible. Prefer to spend 40 minutes on a bus than getting 2 trains.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                I avoid using the underground for work related journeys as much as possible. Prefer to spend 40 minutes on a bus than getting 2 trains.
                Unfortunately it's not an option with my current client in West London, but yes, the bus journey from Waterloo to Liverpool Street/Moorgate is infinitely more enjoyable by bus than by tube, which I found out when the drain was closed - just don't tell everybody else!
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

Maybe its just me but I never run and just read for a few more minutes.. Lifes too short...

Comment

My worst tube crushing incident was one Valentines day when I jsut squeezed myself onto the Northern Line. My face was about 5cm from a Romantic Couple tonguing each other all the way into the city. I was so close I could smell their breath

Comment

Working...
                    X