• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When you see a speed camera

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you see a speed camera

Slam on the brakes like CyberTory even if you were doing a legal speed
    2.04%
    Slam on the brakes down to limit then boot it after the camera
    53.06%
    not worry - I was going at roughly legal speed anyway
    38.78%
    other - specify
    6.12%

... you will wonder why it is there because how can tumbleweeds pay fines.

Comment

Surely the best bet is to smash the offending camera aftwerwards. Or transplant speed signs, like that bloke did last year (I think). Maybe worth snaffling a few autobahn signs if in the Reichland, to do similar?

Comment

The reason why it can be shown that most speed cameras are placed in safety blackspots is because drivers take their eyes off the road and check their speedo and crash. Thus creating a safety blackspot.

This justifies the speed camera.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
          The reason why it can be shown that most speed cameras are placed in safety blackspots is because drivers take their eyes off the road and check their speedo and crash. Thus creating a safety blackspot.

This justifies the speed camera.
          I hope your work doesn't involve any kind of simple logic.

On a secondary point - I wonder how all those people who can't manage a simple glance at the speedo now and again managed to pass their driving tests since it is apparently not possible to drive safely without speeding. IN fact, I wonder why manufacturers bother fitting speedometers as they are apparently so dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            I hope your work doesn't involve any kind of simple logic.

On a secondary point - I wonder how all those people who can't manage a simple glance at the speedo now and again managed to pass their driving tests since it is apparently not possible to drive safely without speeding.

The fact is that it is forcing everybody to check their speedo at camera sites to ensure that they are under the speed limit. You thus have maybe 100 drivers all with their eyes momentarily off of the road ahead. That is a potentially lethal situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              The fact is that it is forcing everybody to check their speedo at camera sites to ensure that they are under the speed limit. You thus have maybe 100 drivers all with their eyes momentarily off of the road ahead. That is a potentially lethal situation.
              Bollocks. Using that argument all speedometers, traffic lights, speed limits signs etc would be redundant. It's just an excuse from people who can't drive.

Comment

I use cruise control in all situations to maintain a constant speed - it's surprising the amount of people who cannot manually hold a given speed

HTH
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  I use cruise control in all situations to maintain a constant speed - it's surprising the amount of people who cannot manually hold a given speed

HTH
                  Almost everyone - especially on hills.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    I use cruise control in all situations
                    No traffic on your planet? No surprise there I guess

Comment

Working...
                    X