• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HBOS will go next.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBOS will go next.

Discuss.

I hope not considering how many people here work for HBOS, it's by far the largest employer in Halifax.

No view on how financially sound they are as I'm out of touch with their economic status.

I doubt any of the UK banks are doing well in share price terms for obvious reasons.

Comment

Any particular reason for suggesting this? Or is it along the lines of "Subject I Picked at Random - Discuss?"

If so, we already have the Daily Mail for the purpose of inciting meaningless panic about non-stories for the sake of gaining some attention

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Any particular reason for suggesting this? Or is it along the lines of "Subject I Picked at Random - Discuss?"

If so, we already have the Daily Mail for the purpose of inciting meaningless panic about non-stories for the sake of gaining some attention

They may have to raise up to 200 Billion quite soon on money markets(Northern Rock had to go to the BofE for similar reasons after those markets had dried up) to roll over loans and without BofE help they may well struggle. Time will tell, but it is much easier to get loans from the BofE now!!

Comment

I think HBOS are subject to a ridiculous amount of unfounded rumour.

The underlying facts are somewhat different.

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2008...-take-on-hbos/

And where did you get that 200 yard guesstimate? I call BS.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by newperson View Post
            HBOS.
            AIG

Let's see how today's Wall Street trading goes... The prospect would be horrific though.

Comment

Although am not sure its going to be HBOS, but must admit we've seen the trend before, one giant fall, others will follow, not necessarily another banking giant, but you never know.

Comment

sit back, grab some popcorn and start looking to buy a cheap porsche or a cheap house in a few months
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by newperson View Post
                  Discuss.
                  It is like being back an uni.....

Comment

Originally posted by aceboy View Post
                    It is like being back an uni.....
                    Why? Did you have trouble forming sentences then as well?

‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X