PDA

View Full Version : HBOS Shares crashing

Diestl
16th September 2008, 13:14
HBOS shares have crashed 35% today alone, now at £1.51, this is looking very dodgy, anyone started to withdraw money from HBOS? I would have if I had money there.

StuntManMike
16th September 2008, 13:16
Wow! If I had money there, you'd have to think about it. How long did it take Northern Rock to go under? This could be worse.

Advocate
16th September 2008, 13:16
Just my mortgage...

Maybe I should give 'em a call and say I can't pay; might tip em over the edge!

Cyberman
16th September 2008, 13:19
http://www.citywire.co.uk/personal/-/news/markets-companies-and-funds/content.aspx?ID=314405

This could be another Northern Rock scenario, but remember Northern Rock did not have toxic debt. HBOS has approx. 22 Billion.:sick

Paddy
16th September 2008, 13:24
HBOS shares have crashed 35% today alone, now at £1.51, this is looking very dodgy, anyone started to withdraw money from HBOS? I would have if I had money there.

Oh no it's not (well sort of) It’s called under selling. Ie. A large shareholder sells a lot of shares to start a slide in value and when the price falls enough he buys them back again making a profit.

Diestl
16th September 2008, 13:28
Now at 141!

Likely
16th September 2008, 13:29
Just my mortgage...

Maybe I should give 'em a call and say I can't pay; might tip em over the edge!

haha

Moscow Mule
16th September 2008, 13:32
http://www.citywire.co.uk/personal/-/news/markets-companies-and-funds/content.aspx?ID=314405

This could be another Northern Rock scenario, but remember Northern Rock did not have toxic debt. HBOS has approx. 22 Billion.:sick

Did you read pages two and three?

Do you work for some bizarre dump & pump reverse boiler room scam?

badgerpig
16th September 2008, 13:38
howdy,
my Ltd company bank account is with Natwest

Im asking myself how do I get at the dosh

Ive taken way too much grief off my boss over the last 6 months to be losing it LOL

can I legally withdraw it or is its movement restricted as its a Ltd company?

Ive left a message with my accountant but she aint answering for some reason
:frown:frown:eek:

Diestl
16th September 2008, 13:40
Natwest is part of RBOS which are not really in danger.

DimPrawn
16th September 2008, 13:40
howdy,
my Ltd company bank account is with Natwest

Im asking myself how do I get at the dosh

Ive taken way too much grief off my boss over the last 6 months to be losing it LOL

can I legally withdraw it or is its movement restricted as its a Ltd company?

Ive left a message with my accountant but she aint answering for some reason
:frown:frown:eek:

Is "under the mattress in cash" as valid business account for HMR&C purposes?

DaveB
16th September 2008, 13:42
HBOS have been the whipping boy for short selling speculators for a while now, any time there are market jitters they take a kicking.

As far as anyone knows there are no real problems with the bank, just rumours fuelled by the short selling. Alistair Darling made specific reference to HBOS this morning when he criticised shorting in the markets as being partly responsible for the fall in prices.

Cyberman
16th September 2008, 13:47
HBOS have been the whipping boy for short selling speculators for a while now, any time there are market jitters they take a kicking.

As far as anyone knows there are no real problems with the bank, just rumours fuelled by the short selling. Alistair Darling made specific reference to HBOS this morning when he criticised shorting in the markets as being partly responsible for the fall in prices.

hahahahaha... and you believe Alastair Darling !!:laugh

DaveB
16th September 2008, 13:48
hahahahaha... and you believe Alastair Darling !!:laugh

He's just repeating what everyone else has known for weeks.

DimPrawn
16th September 2008, 13:51
At least we don't have boom and bust anymore.

Just bust.

HTH

Cyberman
16th September 2008, 13:56
He's just repeating what everyone else has known for weeks.

I really do think that he is covering up for more problems while nationalisation is discussed. :sick

Paddy
16th September 2008, 13:57
157 and going up

now 160

DaveB
16th September 2008, 14:20
I really do think that he is covering up for more problems while nationalisation is discussed. :sick

I really do think you are an ignorant troll.

Cyberman
16th September 2008, 14:35

Well I know that you are ignorant, but I am a graduate AIB so do know a little about these things. :laugh

Diestl
16th September 2008, 14:37

You are the ignorant troll, the shares have dropped and will again, they will go under before the end of the week, if not sooner.

sasguru
16th September 2008, 14:37
Well I know that you are ignorant, but I am a graduate AIB so do know a little about these things. :laugh

:laugh:laugh So equivalent to a bad A-level of a few years ago

snaw
16th September 2008, 14:40
Anyone else noticed that suddenly everyone is a fcking expert today?
I mean in the office. Obviously everyone here is an expert. Apart from AtW, who's clevererer than that, courtesy of Siberian University 101 Economics Expert course.

sasguru
16th September 2008, 14:44
I mean in the office. Obviously everyone here is an expert. Apart from AtW, who's clevererer than that, courtesy of Siberian University 101 Economics Expert course.

Till they put their money where they mouth is. Then they brick it :eek:

Cyberman
16th September 2008, 14:44
:laugh:laugh So equivalent to a bad A-level of a few years ago

If you said about 8 'A' levels you would be more accurate. :wink

Bob Dalek
16th September 2008, 14:48
If you said about 8 'A' levels you would be more accurate. :wink

Maths wasn't one of them, then: you have a grade "D" in Home Economics, only.

HairyArsedBloke
16th September 2008, 14:53
Maths wasn't one of them, then: you have a grade "D" in Home Economics, only.

Could be the only marketable skill in the near future for many. :eek:

Paddy
16th September 2008, 14:57

http://www.internationalstudy.in/college/tomsk.htm

How did you know I was there?

BrilloPad
16th September 2008, 17:21

I am thick. same as ever.

HTH

OwlHoot
16th September 2008, 17:40
Anyone else noticed that suddenly everyone is a fcking expert today? ..

Oh Crikey - Didn't the Great Depression start when some fat cat suddenly noticed his shoeshine boy had become a finance expert, rattling through all his wheeling and dealing with borrowed funds, and the plutocrat promptly piled out of shares just in time? :eek

BrilloPad
16th September 2008, 18:36
Oh Crikey - Didn't the Great Depression start when some fat cat suddenly noticed his shoeshine boy had become a finance expert, rattling through all his wheeling and dealing with borrowed funds, and the plutocrat promptly piled out of shares just in time? :eek

I thought the great depression started when the gap between rich and poor became too wide - mind you we are at that point again now.

How much did Damien Hurst raise today?