• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HBOS Shares crashing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBOS Shares crashing

HBOS shares have crashed 35% today alone, now at £1.51, this is looking very dodgy, anyone started to withdraw money from HBOS? I would have if I had money there.

Wow! If I had money there, you'd have to think about it. How long did it take Northern Rock to go under? This could be worse.

Comment

Just my mortgage...

Maybe I should give 'em a call and say I can't pay; might tip em over the edge!
      B00med!

Comment

http://www.citywire.co.uk/personal/-...aspx?ID=314405

This could be another Northern Rock scenario, but remember Northern Rock did not have toxic debt. HBOS has approx. 22 Billion.

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
          HBOS shares have crashed 35% today alone, now at £1.51, this is looking very dodgy, anyone started to withdraw money from HBOS? I would have if I had money there.
          Oh no it's not (well sort of) It’s called under selling. Ie. A large shareholder sells a lot of shares to start a slide in value and when the price falls enough he buys them back again making a profit.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Now at 141!

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
              Just my mortgage...

Maybe I should give 'em a call and say I can't pay; might tip em over the edge!
              haha

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                http://www.citywire.co.uk/personal/-...aspx?ID=314405

This could be another Northern Rock scenario, but remember Northern Rock did not have toxic debt. HBOS has approx. 22 Billion.
                Did you read pages two and three?

Do you work for some bizarre dump & pump reverse boiler room scam?
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

howdy,
                  my Ltd company bank account is with Natwest

Im asking myself how do I get at the dosh

Ive taken way too much grief off my boss over the last 6 months to be losing it LOL

can I legally withdraw it or is its movement restricted as its a Ltd company?

Ive left a message with my accountant but she aint answering for some reason

Comment

Natwest is part of RBOS which are not really in danger.

Comment

Working...
                    X