• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loyds to buy HBOS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loyds to buy HBOS

bbc

Under the deal, the valuation of HBOS shares would be closer to its closing price last week of 300 pence rather than its current level of around 100p.
    Boomed.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Boomed.
      Why would they buy at 200% + premium?
      Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
        bbc
        Bloomberg TV just said, "This is coming from the BBC so it's not confirmed". I love their attitude to the BBC.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
          Why would they buy at 200% + premium?
          The price is worked out on an average of the last x number of days to appeal to the shareholders.

If the price is unfavourable, the shareholders can block the merger.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The price is worked out on an average of the last x number of days to appeal to the shareholders.

If the price is unfavourable, the shareholders can block the merger.
            SOP yes, but hardly the case here? Maybe government backing?
            Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
              SOP yes, but hardly the case here? Maybe government backing?
              You're adding supposition to unfounded rumour on top of something some hack heard in a pub last night.

Lets just wait for the facts eh?

Comment

LTSB should have stayed out of this crap - they were wise not to invest much into subprime junk and should be staying out of it now

Comment

You're adding supposition to unfounded rumour on top of something some hack heard in a pub last night.

Lets just wait for the facts eh?
                  spoilsport!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    LTSB should have stayed out of this crap - they were wise not to invest much into subprime junk and should be staying out of it now
                    I think you should write them a letter, expressing your objections.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X