• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which type of drinker are you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which type of drinker are you?

9 types apparently:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7619508.stm

This doesn't seem right to me though:

The research showed that those drinking heavily - defined as consuming more than twice the recommended limit which is 35 units a week for women, 50 for men - did so for a variety of reasons.
    Is 50 the recommended limit for men? 25 pints a week That's masses! (Or is the paragraph worded badly and the limit is actually 25 units?)
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

the latter i'm afraid. Its the BBC after all.

Comment

It's actually 9 types of Heavy drinker.

Quite why drinking that Scottish muck should mark you out for special treatment I've no idea
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I've been a few of those through the years. But, I'm still here and healthier than I've ever been so what do the govt know?

Fark all as usual...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          I've been a few of those through the years. But, I'm still here and healthier than I've ever been so what do the govt know?

Fark all as usual...
          ...that they can stick some more duty on the price of a pint and you will still cough up
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally Posted by Dim Dawn
            Public health minister Dawn Primarolo admitted these heavy drinkers were a "tough one to crack".

But she added: "This is a totally fresh approach to helping people understand the effects of their drinking habits and help them make changes for the better."
            Was she part of the government who, in 2005, enacted legislation to allow pubs to open 24 hours a day and justified it by saying "it helps to combat binge-drinking"? (not that this was needed as you can get all the alcohol you want at your friendly, local, 24hr supermarket.
            It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post

Fark all as usual...
              So your body didn't reject that liver transplant then?
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                Is 50 the recommended limit for men? 25 pints a week That's masses! (Or is the paragraph worded badly and the limit is actually 25 units?)
                The limit used to be 28 units for men. Your average pint of beer has 3-4 units.

So that's 7-9 pints.

Apparently, because I enjoy a drink at the end of the day, when all chores are done, I'm a single mum.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  The limit used to be 28 units for men. Your average pint of beer has 3-4 units.
                  Eh? That's not right surely?

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                    Eh? That's not right surely?
                    The average pint of 4-star lager has between 3 and 4 units.

Less boozy bitters and 2-star lagers are between 2 and 3 units.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X