• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shorters in BIG trouble !!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorters in BIG trouble !!!!

HBOS will be merged with Lloyds TSB. As I said yesterday, things were going on behind closed doors that nobody would know about.

Rumours have it that the price could be 3 quid for HBOS holders so good luck to those that bought yesterday.

Unfortunately, this means that 'shorters' will have to find 3 quid a share to buy those shares that they borrowed in order to repay the lenders!!!!

What goes around comes around !!!

Shorting should have been made illegal many years ago.

Also minimum 24h delay on buy/sell orders. That would deal with speculants.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

HTH

speculator - speculant sounds like a nasty medical instrument.

If you're going to start on about this again, can you at least please not make up words.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

HTH

Aye. And the next step comrades is to nationalise the means of production and collectivise the farms. Can't have people having free will, now can we.
        Storm the gates ! Viva la revolucion!!

Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          Rumours have it that the price could be 3 quid for HBOS holders so good luck to those that bought yesterday.
          That'll get me out of the doo doo. I bought in the previous slump a few weeks back and held. I'll actually make a profit !

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Aye. And the next step comrades is to nationalise the means of production and collectivise the farms. Can't have people having free will, now can we.
            Wrong, I don't have problem with private industry and farms - they actually have to produce something that is in demand or they go bust. City boys just fk with people's lifes being complete parasites on top of the criminal tables - at least in USA VCs invest into startups, in the UK the closest thing towards that investment is degenerative "Dragons" show.

Comment

Wrong, I don't have problem with private industry and farms - they actually have to produce something that is in demand or they go bust. City boys just fk with people's lifes being complete parasites on top of the criminal tables - at least in USA VCs invest into startups, in the UK the closest thing towards that investment is degenerative "Dragons" show.

Unlike SKA.
              The city rejects unviable ideas of this sort.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Unlike SKA. The city rejects unviable ideas of this sort.
                I self-financed SKA, what's the problem with that? I don't see city boys going into start-ups to work for 4 years without salary, how many of them would do it? Say if they love Lehman Brothers so well why won't they offer to work for free for some months, yet they are worried about their monthly paycheck?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  Latest Beeb rumour is nearer £2 a share

Comment

I self-financed SKA, what's the problem with that? I don't see city boys going into start-ups to work for 4 years without salary, how many of them would do it? Say if they love Lehman Brothers so well why won't they offer to work for free for some months, yet they are worried about their monthly paycheck?
                    Eh what's your point?

BTW SKA has even less chance of success now (if it ever did) as companies will become as tight as a nun's wotsit.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X