• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Information display Regulations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Information display Regulations

Any thuoghts on the new legislation?
    http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg...Type=1&r.s=rul

I'm specifically thinking about the clause...

You must display the company's registered name at its registered office and inspection place(s), and any other location at which you carry on business. The signs must be in a prominent position so visitors can easily read them. Companies may be exempt from this requirement where:
    • they have never traded - ie they have been dormant since incorporation
    • the location is primarily a domestic location provided the premises is not the company's registered office or a location for inspection of its records

So I'm guessing that I'm going to need a name plate at my home address?
    ;o)

Oh and I love this one:

Where a business location is shared by six or more companies, each company is only required to display its registered name for at least 15 continuous seconds at least once every three minutes - eg by using an electronic notice-board.
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"

Well spotted. Comes into effect October 1st.

Thanks for the heads up
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post

So I'm guessing that I'm going to need a name plate at my home address?
      ;o)

Doesn't state how big the sign needs to be. It just says that visitors must be able to read it.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Doesn't state how big the sign needs to be. It just says that visitors must be able to read it.
        I guess that's if they look in the right place.

Think I'll give up contracting and get into the name plate business.

More beurocratic nonsense.
        Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
        "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          What if they're allite^H^H^H^H^H illatera^H^H^H^H^H^H can't read?

Am I now expected to provide literacy courses at the entrance to my premises?

How do I stop visitor's who can't read from attempting to do so?
          B00med!

Comment

It's always been the case that a nameplate is required at the registered office.

Not that any contractor I know has ever bothered, but this isn't a new requirement. As TFA says, this is just a unification of pre-existing regulations.

Comment

It's the circular thinking that got me.

You must display the company's registered name at its registered office and inspection place(s)

Companies may be exempt from this requirement where:
              • the location is primarily a domestic location provided the premises is not the company's registered office.

So you have to disply the sign if it's a registered office UNLESS it's a domestic location UNLESS it's a registered office.
              "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
              "See?"

Comment

not quite.

You have to disply the sign if it's a trading location UNLESS it's a domestic location UNLESS it's a registered office.

Comment

my home address is my trading address and registered office

so any recommendations for company signage ?

Comment

I bought a brass plate and stuck it up on the outside of my house, when I registered my company You can see it if you walk in the back gate! Put it there 'cos I wasn't quite certain about any terms in the leasehold of the property / deeds, about running a business from home. Didn't want complaints from neighbours about running a business etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X