• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Liverpool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liverpool

Possible gig coming up in Liverpool. Barring the obvious scouser comments anyone got and hints on living there, good spots, areas to avoid etc?

From what I can see the city center is dirt cheap by comparason to a lot of other places in terms of accomodation. Is it worth living anywhere else in or around the city?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Best to live in Manchester and commute over on a daily basis
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Why bother doing that?

If I'm going to be working away I can't see the point in commuting as well, might as well live close to the client unless there is an overwhelming reason not to.

Comment

Depends what you want. Bright lights, snazzy bars, etc., then Manchester's a must; quiet life, Southport (Birkdale, in particular, where some footballers live) is pretty nice and fairly close to De Pewel and cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Why bother doing that?

If I'm going to be working away I can't see the point in commuting as well, might as well live close to the client unless there is an overwhelming reason not to.
          It's hardly an overnight haul requiring a passport!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
            Depends what you want. Bright lights, snazzy bars, etc., then Manchester's a must; quiet life, Southport (Birkdale, in particular, where some footballers live) is pretty nice and fairly close to De Pewel and cheap.
            Not looking for clubs, bars etc. To old for that malarky these days and the Mrs would get upset if she thought I was out on the lash every night

Comment

Entire place should nuked IMO.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Why bother doing that?

I think he's winding you up !? It would be a pretty horrific commute.

I'd go for City Centre if you are working there. There are loads of empty new build flats so haggle hard and you'll probably get a real bargain. Before plumping on accomo I'd check it out for noise in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                  It's hardly an overnight haul requiring a passport!
                  No, but it's an hour each way on the train, more expense on the ticket and adds to the hassle of living away.

Comment

No, but it's an hour each way on the train, more expense on the ticket and adds to the hassle of living away.
                    A whole hour? I do apologize!

Comment

Working...
                    X