• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help - slideshow advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - slideshow advice

Hi,

I need to pull together a slideshow for my daughters funeral this Friday. I've really only ever used powerpoint for MI reporting, bids, training, (text) etc - never a slideshow of timed photo's.

Can anybody recommend any other software that might be easier to use/run? I'm going to have to speak at the same time and i really would like it to be idyiot proof.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

My sincere condolences Craig.

To create your slideshow, you can use PowerPoint, Picasa (Free download) or any Photo Viewer - there are quite a few freebies out there.
    Last edited by realityhack; 17 September 2008, 13:43. Reason: more useful link

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      My sincere condolences Craig.
      Mine too - So sorry for your loss
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

omg

deepest sympathy to you and yours sir.

Comment

I was going to say that this should be in technical, but given the subject matter! Powerpoint is pretty easy to do a timed presentation with - I've not done one for a while, but it is prety straight forward

In the slide transition option in the slideshow menu there is an option for advance slide. Usually its set to a mouse click, but you can set it to 'automatically after' and specify a time.

All the best for it.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Deepest sympathy.

Depending on the OS you are using, it can be as easy as clicking the option in Explorer.
            If you have a folder marked as a photo album then explorer comes up with a "view as slide show" option.
            If you want something more technical then go with what the others have said.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by craig_m67 View Post
              Crikey blimey. I can't begin to understand your loss but I am sorry for it.

Keep that pretty little smile with you always.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
              X