• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More missing data

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More missing data

Linky

Does anyone learn
    Gronda Gronda

ID cards... can't wait!

The Adventure Game: superb!

Comment

I don't think there is so much blame here. The lappy was stolen from their premises. I know it was a lappy and therefore likely to be taken away, but give em some cred.

BTW: How many of our erstwhile contributors may be detailed in that data?
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        I don't think there is so much blame here. The lappy was stolen from their premises. I know it was a lappy and therefore likely to be taken away, but give em some cred.

BTW: How many of our erstwhile contributors may be detailed in that data?
        Depends on whether they bothered to lock the office doors and windows, lock the lappy(s) away out of sight, why they had the data on it on the first place rather than accessing it from the central server etc etc etc.

Not really enough detail in the article to blame or exhonerate them.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Depends on whether they bothered to lock the office doors and windows, lock the lappy(s) away out of sight, why they had the data on it on the first place rather than accessing it from the central server etc etc etc.

Not really enough detail in the article to blame or exhonerate them.
          What I meant was that other data loss has been due to sticks, discs and lappies being transported here and there with no concern for security, some even left unattended.

This was lost due to a criminal act.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            What I meant was that other data loss has been due to sticks, discs and lappies being transported here and there with no concern for security, some even left unattended.

This was lost due to a criminal act.
            Yes, but it could still have been prevented had the laptop been locked away securely or not had the data on it in the first place.

There have been a couple of other instances where a laptop with sensitive data was stolen from an inadequately secured office.

Laptops are a high risk item and need additional control to mitigate that risk. Thnking they are safe just because they are kept in the office doesn't count.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Data protection, at Government level, should surely be burglar-proof? That's what encryption is there for.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                Data protection, at Government level, should surely be burglar-proof? That's what encryption is there for.
                I agree with that and what DaveB says, but the implication in the reporting oh never mind.................. mutter stamp........mutter.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

cant you get the details off the web anyway?? is this more than what is on the register?
                  I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                    The Adventure Game: superb!
                    Just don't get telly like it any more
                    Gronda Gronda

Comment

Working...
                    X