• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What did I miss?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did I miss?

Ok, so there seems to have been some sort of dust up between (in the red corner) atw and (in the blue corner) Likely leading to Likely getting KO'd (banned).

^See what I did there

Anyway, without getting in trouble with the forum police, can anyone indicate what 'appened?

Ooooooh forum goss!!!!

<waits patiently>
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Ok, so there seems to have been some sort of dust up between (in the red corner) atw and (in the blue corner) Likely leading to Likely getting KO'd (banned).

AtW

He was KOed by a furry creature, but it ain't me
      Last edited by AtW; 17 September 2008, 17:56.

Comment

2 gay Eastern European types called each other names. They minced and ponced around for a while waving their handbags till a mod got bored with the spectacle and sent one away to the gulag.

HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          2 gay Eastern European types called each other names. They minced and ponced around for a while waving their handbags till a mod got bored with the spectacle and sent one away to the gulag.

HTH
          Oh, same old same old then!

<scurries off>

<realises she should really stop narrating movements>
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            <realises she should really stop narrating movements>
            Keep narrating...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

HTH
              So we're back to only one gay in the village then are we?

Comment

Anyway, without getting in trouble with the forum police, can anyone indicate what 'appened?
                Likely posted a link to the "About" page on AtW's business website, along with various derogatory personal comments. The usual trolls joined in the abuse.

However Likely became increasingly unhinged, accusing AtW of various criminal offences (mass murder and the like). He then started to make defamatory comments about AtW's business practices, pretty much accusing him of being a cheat and a conman.

AtW, who had shown a good degree of forbearance in the face of the personal abuse, was forced to respond to these allegations so as to defend his business reputation, including pointing out that such scurrilous and unwarranted slurs could be actionable at law. I'm not sure exactly what happened next, for lo! the entire thread vanished and Likely was banned.

And that, hopefully, was the end of that. The general feeling on the board is that AtW conducted himself in a dignified and appropriate manner, and that the departure of Likely is good riddance to bad rubbish. (The usual trolls excepted, of course.)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Likely posted a link to the "About" page on AtW's business website, along with various derogatory personal comments. The usual trolls joined in the abuse.

However Likely became increasingly unhinged, accusing AtW of various criminal offences (mass murder and the like). He then started to make defamatory comments about AtW's business practices, pretty much accusing him of being a cheat and a conman.

AtW, who had shown a good degree of forbearance in the face of the personal abuse, was forced to respond to these allegations so as to defend his business reputation, including pointing out that such scurrilous and unwarranted slurs could be actionable at law. I'm not sure exactly what happened next, for lo! the entire thread vanished and Likely was banned.

And that, hopefully, was the end of that. The general feeling on the board is that AtW conducted himself in a dignified and appropriate manner, and that the departure of Likely is good riddance to bad rubbish. (The usual trolls excepted, of course.)
                  but the mass murder bit was true though?

Comment

So we're back to only one gay in the village then are we?
                    Nah, there is me as well as AtW.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X