• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I find this BB hard to read

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find this BB hard to read

light blue text on a slightly lighter blue background.

Acres of blue/grey bits and bobs that distract the eye.

It's fecking horrible.

I don't think I'll be visiting CUK much.

Agree -- there is too much of other stuff as well, the text field is like tiny on 18'' monitor. With all ezboard shortcomings it was easy to read messages.

Also, emoticons are just crap

Comment

There's nowt wrong with this one

Comment

Problem is to much of the page is dedicated to "non post" text, when i first load a thread nearly 3/4 of the initial viewing area is not the actual thread

Also with the whole CUK navigation over there>>>>
        And the massive amount given to poster information over there (plus the huge margin)<<<
        it leaves very little room here in the center
        One or the other has to go imo

My personal recomendation is an abriviated CUK navigation in wasted blue area above the board navigation.

Plus do we really need "Contractor UK Bulletin Board" and "Contractor UK Forums" on the breadcrumbs on top, seeing as they both go to pretty much same place? (plus taking it out of the silver box and making it plain text would give back a lot of space)

Also is it possible to do away with the spacing (and silver box's) between posts? more wasted space
        Last edited by Not So Wise; 6 July 2005, 18:13.

Comment

CUK in Classic Mode guys?

Some poor designer is now sobbing into his keyboard.

The useless gobshine.

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
            Also is it possible to do away with the spacing (and silver box's) between posts? more wasted space
            Yeah -- put some ads between posts: you will make a fortune

Comment

yep

its a nice forum but too much furniture.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Ay curumba!

I must admit I've spent most of my time staring at DimPrawn's avatar this morning...
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Non Work Friendly Avatars

Now I have a problem with this. If Dim and the likes are going to use naked lady type avatars, then how the hell are people in the office going to be able to read the board?????????
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                    Now I have a problem with this. If Dim and the likes are going to use naked lady type avatars, then how the hell are people in the office going to be able to read the board?????????
                    Go to User CP, thread Display Options, and uncheck "Show avatars".
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X