• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trading Account (Global)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading Account (Global)

Any recommendations?
    I'm not really interested in UK stocks, looking for US / Asia , shares, futures.
    Bored.

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Any recommendations?
    I'm not really interested in UK stocks, looking for US / Asia , shares, futures.
    Ciggies, booze & betting are always winners.

Comment

Bob - more interested in a trading service with access to the more exotic (DJIA futures for example).
      My current accounts don't offer this.
      I would prefer a UK based service so I don't have to transfer cash to USA.
      Most of the ones I see seem quite ropey or if I call them they're kind of "uh? What's a Dow future? "
      I don't have a lot of money to invest so it needs to be cheap too.
      Bored.

Comment

Any recommendations?

Keep to what you know and I presume that is the UK. You need local knowledge and if you were investing in a foreign marked it would be the same a sticking a pin randomly in the FT. There are also far more restrictions on what stocks and shares you can buy in foreign markets.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Keep to what you know and I presume that is the UK. You need local knowledge and if you were investing in a foreign marked it would be the same a sticking a pin randomly in the FT. There are also far more restrictions on what stocks and shares you can buy in foreign markets.
          Again, I'm not asking for investment advice.
          FWIW I do not know the UK market. I think I picked the wrong place for this question.
          Bored.

Comment

Again, I'm not asking for investment advice.
            FWIW I do not know the UK market. I think I picked the wrong place for this question.
            You picked the wrong site!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
            X