• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free & Good HTML Chart Generator

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free & Good HTML Chart Generator

Anyone know of free & good software that will *easily* allow me to take time series data and create pretty performance charts/graphs from it? Getting the dat aout of my DB is not the issue, it's using the dat ato create charts, etc. Ideally, I'd like to be able to automate the process & have such charts be dynamic.

I have looked at RRDTool & another open source offering - but I am lazy and am looking to get up-and-running ASAP, rather than spend the next 2 weeks trying to install & learn it.

Thanks in advance.

Dundas Charting

its not free.. but then good stuff never is
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Dundas Charting

its not free.. but then good stuff never is
      Whatever.
      Last edited by Bob Dalek; 18 September 2008, 20:27.

Comment

Does it have to be HTML?

Excel does a very good job with it's data backed pivot chart, all wizrd driven and can work offline (diconnected from database) too.

Being a pivot based on a cube, you can twist the display of stats any way you wish and it's very dynamic.

I thought I'd post because I'm right in the middle of using excel to generate graphs from a 97 million record dataset and it's doing splendidly.

Comment

Originally posted by London75 View Post
          Does it have to be HTML?

Excel does a very good job with it's data backed pivot chart, all wizrd driven and can work offline (diconnected from database) too.

Being a pivot based on a cube, you can twist the display of stats any way you wish and it's very dynamic.

I thought I'd post because I'm right in the middle of using excel to generate graphs from a 97 million record dataset and it's doing splendidly.
          That'd do for me. Automating it - how's that done? Or is yours manual process each time?

Comment

Some free Java applet charts

http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/

Or this free ASP.NET charting library

http://www.carlosag.net/Tools/WebChart/Default.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
              That'd do for me. Automating it - how's that done? Or is yours manual process each time?
              so was the HTML requirement a bit of a red herring then?
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

It's quite manual as I'm trying to track down a specific trend in data so changing parameters quite randomly, I'd imagine you could automate very easily with VBA though or if not keen on VBA, record a macro!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  so was the HTML requirement a bit of a red herring then?
                  Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                    Whatever.
                    Is it 2002 again?
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X