• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Australians

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australians

I dont know if any of you have heard from any Australians in the last few days but the whole of London, and our switchboard seems bereft of Aussies.

C'mon boys and girls where are you?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Maybe, like rats, they have a sixth sense that tells them things we do not know. AAAaaagh! The UK is about to sink!!!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I thought the air was quite pure when I woke up this morning.... thanks Dodgy for telling me why
      Chico, what time is it?

Comment

colour

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
        I thought the air was quite pure when I woke up this morning.... thanks Dodgy for telling me why
        Yellow and Green together are revolting colours. They represent the blandness of the country which they represent, and the shallowness of their people. It is so nice to see England being relieved of their dreadful colours.

At least your Kiwi colours cant be seen at night
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
          At least your Kiwi colours cant be seen at night
          I noticed that at the last Rugby World Cup final.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            I noticed that at the last Rugby World Cup final.

Comment

true!
              but we won one too (OK, ages ago)
              and who's number one team in the world right now? and who humiliated Clive and his Kittens...err I mean 'Lions'?

Anyway, back to Australia: yes it makes a change to hear them talk about work and not sport.
              Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                Anyway, back to Australia: yes it makes a change to hear them talk about work and not sport.
                Those with brains are actually grateful for the competition at last. The other 99% are, as you say, very quiet.

Comment

Notice that cricket is all about sportsmanship, fair play and not rubbing other people's noses in it when you win when it's the Aussies on the receiving end. I think we should be making the gobby little feckers taste a bit of their own medicine and really piling in.

On the rugby front, it's South Africa who look like Top Dogs at the moment giving the Kiwis a scare in NZ and stuffing them convincingly in SA.

I suppose there's always swimming for the Aussies to console themselves with and, er, cheap mass catering quality frozen lamb for the Kiwis?
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I've found them

They have all come back home for their hols as despite the fact it's Winter down here it's still warmer and Sunnier than the UK

Comment

Working...
                    X