• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Footprints in the sands of time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Footprints in the sands of time

The missus and I are off to Oz on sturday (at long last - its been an eternity). We are landing in Perth then driving up to Darwin through the outback then back along the coast, with a few long stops here and there.
    Her son in law has now made some comment about our 'carbon footprint' which has cast a bit of a shadow over things.

He'll have a size ten EO footprint up his butt next time I see him . grr

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    The missus and I are off to Oz on sturday (at long last - its been an eternity). We are landing in Perth then driving up to Darwin through the outback then back along the coast, with a few long stops here and there.
    Her son in law has now made some comment about our 'carbon footprint' which has cast a bit of a shadow over things.

He'll have a size ten EO footprint up his butt next time I see him . grr:
    Sounds great! Be sure to post adventure stories with piccies. Avoid wrestling with the crocs if possible.

Comment

If you're a diver (and it's open), be sure to do the Navy Pier at Exmouth.

Well worth booking a few days there as well as there are few things in this world as amazing a snorkelling with a Whale Shark.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Make sure you leave the heating on - wouldn't want a sharp frost to burst your pipes.

Alternatively / additionally: tell him to stuff his liberal middle class guilt up his @rse and explain that change cannot be achieved through individual action but through paradigm shifts in class consciousness. Tell him that by arguing otherwise, he's contributing to the problem by promoting an ineffective solution and thus obscuring the only viable solution.

Then stuff his carbon feet in concrete filled boots, leave him on the beach, and watch inexorably rising sea levels drown him. That'll teach the knut.

Comment

Well tell him to get off his butt and do some carbon offsetting on ur behalf

Anyone actually believe in the CO2 nonsense

Enjoy your trip, like to do that one myself

Comment

if it bothers you that much offset it and send him a copy of your purchase along with an extremely hard to keep plant and ask how its going all the time
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Buy him a bag of coal and tell him to go sequester it
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Sounds fantastic. Are you using a campervan type accomodation or camping? Been to oz a couple of times, great country. Make sure you take a decent camera.

Comment

Originally posted by downsouth View Post
                  Anyone actually believe in the CO2 nonsense
                  Just some scientists, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by ft101 View Post
                    Sounds fantastic. Are you using a campervan type accomodation or camping? Been to oz a couple of times, great country. Make sure you take a decent camera.
                    we are going to hire a saloon-type car and just head off.

no car booked, no accomodation booked, all we have is a route. (and a camera)

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X