• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was this one of you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was this one of you?

BBC have your say:
    What would you take from your desk?

If you were told to clear your desk of personal belongings and leave the building, like staff at the UK headquarters of Lehman Brothers, what would you take?
    10 weeks ago on my redundancy I took:
    1. All my personal bits & pieces.
    2. As much of the stationary cupboard as I could pour into my large cardboard box.
    3. Several DVD's of data & client info.
    4. As many of the data wall-charts (£1200 each) as I could fold up and put in my cardboard box.
    5. My company laptop that I just happened to have left at home the previous week.
    6. Anything else that wasn't bolted down in my office.
    7. Oh, and a smug smile on my face.
    Anon, London

Not me - I take the confidential data home on a regular basis, in case I get terminated, and they lock me out of the system before I have a chance. ( That did happen to me once, but I was aware it was coming, so I took appropriate action weeks earlier ).
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Sounds like twaddle, to me. More likely clung to their boss's legs as they wept uncontrollably, begging their boss to remember them should he/she be lucky enough to get another managerial role elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
        Sounds like twaddle, to me. More likely clung to their boss's legs as they wept uncontrollably, begging their boss to remember them should he/she be lucky enough to get another managerial role elsewhere.
        WHS
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
        X