• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Banks will get us in the end...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banks will get us in the end...

It might be the cynic in me but now the banks are in the proverbial we're going to have a number of mergers (HBOS Lloyds) backed by Gordon over ruling the competition commission.

I can just see all the bankers on their knees thanking the government for the bail out.

Further down the line they think "hang on a mo were a massive massive bank now. Lets use this power to screw more money out of the customer"

Bank charges up, ATM charges, overdraft charges up etc etc etc....

Or is it just me ????

You'll be fine. There won't be any banks in a few years. All state owned.

Comment

A lot of bankers will be fired. In case of LTSB they'd prefer to stick to lowe cost base in Scotland rather than in the City and other places, finance is not going to be a very good place to work in for the next few years at least.

Comment

Further down the line they think "hang on a mo were a massive massive bank now. Lets use this power to screw more money out of the customer"

Bank charges up, ATM charges, overdraft charges up etc etc etc....

Or is it just me ????
        too true some bright spark in the near future will also start getting banks to give loans and mortgages to people who cannot possible repay them with the premsise that if they default they will make even more money. Obviously completly forgetting that is one of the reasons we are in the state we are in now.

Comment

One Bank to rule them all,
          One Chancellor to find them,
          One Prime Minister to bring them all
          And in the darkness blind them

Just you all wait (I'll be in Oz)
          Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            A lot of bankers will be fired. In case of LTSB they'd prefer to stick to lowe cost base in Scotland rather than in the City and other places, finance is not going to be a very good place to work in for the next few years at least.
            Ah yes, but consider this:

bigger bank = more data = requirement for corporate search engine!!

Boomed my russki friend...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

All Hail McBrown
              Thane of HBOS
              Hoil Boil Toil and Trouble ...

Comment

Working...
              X